Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rean

Rean's Journal

hey, starting the regimen sounds like a good idea. Judging from your pics, it will clear you up in no time since you have very slight acne. Good luck!

I went through the same thing when I had my first baby. And my skin is very simlar to yours so I feel your pain. But don't worry time heals all wounds and you will start to feel better soon I promise!! Going on the regimen is a great way to boost your selfesteam. Try doing some nice things for yourself you deserve it!!!

Good luck!! biggrin.gif

Thanks for your support, guys!  It's nice to know that others can relate - that's why I really love this site.

Anyway...

My first week is up!  I think it really went great!  I've only had a few "good" pimples form (before, I would have 2-3 a day).  My old spots seem to be fading, too!  I'm probably most excited about that. 

The first few days, I was pretty dry.  I couldn't stand the idea of going anywhere without make-up, so I just put on some concealer and powder.  The powder just made me look like a reptile!  Oh well.  I'm much better by today.  Still peeling, but not too bad. 

I'll admit that I haven't been following Dan's Regimen 2-A-T.  I've still been using my ProActiv at night.  I can't bear the thought of giving up my scrub!  It really has helped the texture of my skin.  I also can't give up my Dove Sensitive Skin bar, so I've been using that instead of the Basis Bar.  Lastly, I started using the L'Oreal MicroDermabrasion Kit.  I was a little timid to try that, I'll be honest.  I kept reading and hearing such great things about it, though!

I don't know...Maybe I'm using too much stuff on my face, but I think my progress in 1 week has been great.  Much better than anything else I've tried! 

I'm going to stick with using a scrub at night (I'll probably just buy something OTC when I run out of my ProActiv) with the BP gel, use the Regimen in the AM (with my Dove bar), and use the L'Oreal MicroDermabrasion 2-3 times a week.

As long as it works, why switch??!!

Talk to y'all in about a week (I find that posting my progress once a week keeps me from obsessing or checking my reflection as much).

Rean  biggrin.gif

wow that is incredible progress......i cant bleieve ur skin isnt gettign any red marks.....wow...i think i might try this regimen soon too

eusa_wall.gif  eusa_wall.gif  eusa_wall.gif

I've waged a war against my face.  Why?  I don't know.  I went to the bathroom and my hands just took over.  Finally I snapped out of my picking "state."  What was I looking at?  Nothing too bad, but I was still pretty pissed off at myself.  I just sat on the couch hating myself for being weak.  Finally I decided to go take a shower.  I told myself I wouldn't even look in the mirror.  So what happened?  I looked, and I hated what I saw.  So what did I do?  I picked some more! 

For the love of God, why do I do this?????  I've been feeling so good about myself, so proud for what I've accomplished.  I don't know.  I just feel so upset at myself for backsliding.

I know I can put my foot down.  I can start this over - start again.  In fact I know that's what I'll do.  I just want to CONTROL this part of me that is so self-destructive.  I wish I could find a way to channel this "shit."

I don't really want to post these pics, but I have to be honest.  This is my "journey" - according to my earlier post.  I guess this journey is going to have some ups AND downs. 

Gotta go.  Time to put on some BP.

Have you tried the Regimen?  What kind of results did you have?  I'm almost into my 3rd week.  My skin is still peeling and flaking (especially around the mouth).  Do you know if that lessens as time goes by?

Have you tried the Regimen?  What kind of results did you have?  I'm almost into my 3rd week.  My skin is still peeling and flaking (especially around the mouth).  Do you know if that lessens as time goes by?

Rean

I just read tonight somewhere that the L'oreal Microdermabrasion is way to harsh of an exfoliant to use for acne, which can lead to irritation and more breakouts. Ive tried it a few times and those beads are so hard and abrasive that i believe this claim. So maybe ditching this part of your regimin could speed up your clearness!?