Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vrrrrrrrrg

Acutane jouranl for bacne

Hello, So I started acutane two days ago. I'm 17 and I've had back acne since 7th grade. My derm just put me on 20 mg of acutane a day and .025 mg of dexamethasone which is supposed to make the red marks dissapear faster. I'll update you and let you know how it's going.

Support me guys!

January 4th 2005

Backuser posted image Chestuser posted imageShoulder user posted image Backuser posted image

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! im 17 too and ive had the same problem since 7th grade too! and im just tellin u.......accutane ROCKS!!!! lol......i have only been on accutane for about a month and a half now, and im only on 10mg a day (my acne wasn't really severe) and my acne on my chest and back are already clear!!!! its unbelieveable! i wish u the best of luck! and let us know how things go!

DAY 2

January 12th 2005

ok so... today is my second day. I've went and got blistex the medicated stuff and so far so good. I have a quarter size dry spot on my inside arm. confused.gif I'm not sure if its from the tane or not. My shoulders also kind of hurt. I could have just slept wrong or something. More updates to come!

oh yeah, my goal is to have is disapear by prom! eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif

DAY 5

January 15th 2005

well, nothing new actually. nothing feels different at all! no headaches, dry skin, or anything. Acne is still there though. eusa_think.gif

DAY 8

January 18th 2005

So, i read something bad about blistex and decided that i would go get burts bees. I cant believe that its $2.91 mad.gif My lips finally started drying out yesterday and my scalp where the hair meets my forehead is getting dry. Should i use head and shoulders for dry scalp while on accutane? My face seems smoother but more bumps are coming up. More than usual on my neck, ek. My back also seems smoother and same with my chest. But my chest is really dry. I hope this gets better... it seems like its working. eusa_pray.gif

more updates soon

What-up V? I live in Texas too and not too far from you either. Aquaphor is great for dry lips. You will deff. experience a flare-up the first month or two on the tane. Happy to hear you only have it on your back! I wish the best for you when the pools open!

What-up V? I live in Texas too and not too far from you either. Aquaphor is great for dry lips. You will deff. experience a flare-up the first month or two on the tane. Happy to hear you only have it on your back! I wish the best for you when the pools open!

DAY 9

January 19th 2005

today i woke up and my nose was peeling soo much, even my cheeks were dry and they never are. uhg! i used to have a dry nose all of the time and finally it went away but now its back. eusa_snooty.gif I had to use lotion on it 5 times today! aveno is the best! razz.gif

Tee-hee.. I started my own log too just as you said. i kinda forgot to start my own.. thanks for reminding me.. its good that we can compare.. since u started 3 days before me... Anyways.. Good Luck!! biggrin.gif I hope we both get better after this! hehe we are both 17 years old too.. cool.gif I hope it gets less before prom too! my GF's parents are gonna see me for the first time.. i dont wanna look ugly.. WAAAHH!! sad.gif Oh well!

yay! well today is....

DAY 10

January 20th 2005

So my lips were real dry for the past couple of days... today they were producing sooo much liquid. its like they were sweating gooeyness. you couldnt see it but i could feel it. ewww... i have a headache today.. i think its because i didnt eat enough. i get headaches really easily.

i cant wait to read your journal crone!

AHHHHHHH i just wrote the longest post ever with so much important information and i accidentaly went back to a previous page and its all gone now. mad.gifcry.gifeusa_boohoo.gifsad.gifwacko.gifshock.gifeusa_wall.gifevil.gif ill rewrite i later... im too upset to write it now. im going to go take my 13th accutane pill and look at my back in the mirror, maybe it will cheer me up.

ok here i go again.... rolleyes.gif

DAY 13

January 23rd 2005

More Background Information:

I'm 5'3" and 110lbs and i wash my face with proactive every morning and night and i wash with it in the shower.

Updates:

So my lips are so dry that i can peel the skin off of them. Yesterday i woke up with a patch of dry skin on my right eyelid, how strange eusa_think.gif . Oh yeah and um down there is pretty dry too... flaky even. gross i know but im just telling you guys everything. wink.gif oh and my eyebrows are really dry too...

now on to the acne update:

Face

Well my forehead has 3 zits that are healing and my nose blackheads are getting a lot smaller razz.gif The three cysts on my chin are finally going away, you can only feel one of them. The cyst on my cheek is completely gone! However... i woke up this morning and found a small cyst between my nose and my upper lip. ouch! sad.gifeusa_wall.gif

Chest and back

ok so my chest is almost completely clear. eusa_dance.gifeusa_dance.gif Its still kind of rough though but you cant see it. By the third day i could wear v neck shirts and soon by 18th day i should be able to wear really low cut shirts! Man, when my bacne goes away im going to go buy a backless, low cut dress! eusa_dance.gif So i just looked at my back again and its actually doing better than i thought it was. It's hard to feel good about my back since i never see it. right now there arent any new zits but there are a bunch of red and brown marks and a lot of scabby healing zits. the irritation seems to be going down though. Does anyone know of something that will make the red and brown marks go away faster?

BIRTH CONTROL QUESTION!

Ok so i know that you are supposed to be on birth control if you are sexually active and you are supposed to have two negative pregnancy tests before starting accutane. Well my derm assumed i wasnt sexually active and didnt even ask. So, im not on birth control and im kind of nervous because if i do get pregnant and i go get an abortion and they find out im not on birth control but on accutane will something bad happen? I'm planning on getting birth control asap... have to work it out with my mother.

oh yeah for everyone that was saying their sex drive went away it seems like i actually have one know. i bet my bf is going to be happy! biggrin.gif he wont find out till feb 11th though. its a long distance thing.

DAY 14

January 24th 2005

Pictures! yay, i think my backs getting a lot better. It's already not as red. its still really bumby though... but smoother all at the same time. eusa_dance.gif

My back user posted image My faceuser posted image

I think you should take the responsible route and not even consider sex until you get yourself on some birth control. Why risk it and assume an abortion if you did get pregnant when you could have avoided it all together? This is VERY SERIOUS, I cannot even believe that your doctor didn't ask if you were sexually active. How old are you?

Good luck w/your treatment, glad to hear things are going well!

Good for you going on the accutane. My back looks about the same, prolly a little worse and didn't know if I should consider accutane and now I know I should seeing your results so far....Hope it gets even better!!!!

im 17 and honestly birth control wasnt a serious thing before accutane becuase i would have had an abortion anyways. I am going to get birth control eventually once i have time as in the next couple weeks ill get a gyno appt.

wow ur pictures look awesome!!! im so happy for u! i had just about the same kind of acne on my back and chest and i am on DAY 50 and my chest and back acne are completely GONE!!!!!!!!!!! so just keep waiting a lil bit longer and u will be clear and have sooo much confidence! and u get to go shopping for cute stuff again! lol........i still tend to buy the kinda clothes im used to, just cuz its sorta habbit now, but im tryin to break the habbit, cuz i just feel so much more comfortable in my own skin and i want to be able to show everyone that! anyways.......im so happy for u, and im so excited for things to clear up for u! and i really hope things are goin good for u! biggrin.gif

thanks so much bella babe... (how long did it take for your back to look like there wasnt ever any acne there?) i was thinking about how strange it is going to be to show my back after not showing it for 6 years. i mean ive walked out in my back yard a couple of times in a tank top and feeling the breeze on my back was so foreign to me (it was wonderful). I didn't know what to think about it. It's something that people take for granted. I look at people who have clear backs and think to myself "if i were them i would be showing my back night and day throughout the summer and winter." I know that soon i will be them... however, i wont be showing my back all of the time because i'm so used to the acne there that i'll feel like people are staring at me or that it will come back all of a sudden. ill have to slowly work up my confidence again. i look at my back in the mirror at least three times a day... its hard to believe that something ive been with for so long is leaving so fast. i just have to keep reminding myself that it's real! eusa_dance.gif walking around with my back showing would be like walking around with my breasts hanging out. i talked to my mom about it yesterday and she told me that when people lose a lot of weight that they feel like people are staring at them and that it takes a while to get their confidence back. I almost wore a lowcut shirt the other day... but then i thought that you might be able to see a trace of old acne spots in florecent lights so i didnt... i also felt really exposed, i didnt want people to stare at my chest... so i put a t shirt on instead. where would i be without my t shirts...! I cant wait for my boyfriend to finally be able to run his fingers down my back and give me a back massage (i've never gotten one of those!)... we've been dating for just over a year and he's never seen my back in the light. when i told him about my back around 5 months of us dating i kind of broke down. he didnt care about my back and he felt bad. hes the kind of person who has a perfect body.. no acne, 10% body fat... soccer legs... a jock boy. so.. he couldnt understand what i was going through and whenever i talk about the accutane i think he gets uncomfortable. he supports me though and thats all i need to know. when i read in someones accutane log that their backne was gone in three weeks tear literally started falling. people dont understand what this does to you emotionally. its nice to have support and accutane! i love accutane!!!!! wub.gif I dont care about what anyone says!!! whenever i tell my friends about accutane they say "doesnt that stuff make you want to kill yourself?" they always tell me i dont need it. but you know what im soon going to be able to live life half naked!! wooooooo! eusa_dance.gif nakedness is great when you dont have bacne... eusa_dance.gif im getting too excited. better stop.

if you actually got to the bottom of this, thank you. and i appretiate all of your support and all of your advice and especially your comments. biggrin.gif

Im so glad that accutane is working for you vrrrrrrg, I bet you cant wait for summer!!!

I want my back to be clear again....I think I was 13 when it was, now 21...ehh

okay your site alone has talked me into going on accutane. I have been trying other methods and some have cleared my face well enough, but the problem is my back and chest. I don't have the time or money to put all that crap on my back and chest every morning and night. I know what you mean about clothes. Don't get me wrong I don't think i'm beutiful, but w/out acne I feel like I would be cute. I have to dress like I have leprosy - i wear turtle necks a lot to cover my high chest ance and my breakouts on my neck. I thought once I can't even imagine how it would be to just throw on any top I want and never have to check and make sure none of my acne is showing. Thank you so much, I'm going to set an appointment w/ the dermatoligst.

Oh just a little history - I started getting acne when i was 17. It tried every medicine the dermatoligists could think of and finally I conviced him to put me on accutane (about 19). Anyway after six months i was clear, I stayed clear w/in reason (mild acne) for a few years. Slowly it got worst, and then for a two year period it got better again (weird). Well last year it started to get worse again and this summer I exploded. I have done dan's regimine, and it does keep a watch on my face, but my back and chest are stil horrible. I'm currently on b5, and almost to my third month with no success. I stoped the regimine to give the b5, a chance had just broke out in small bumps everywhere. So tonight i'm starting back on the regimine, that is until i get my accutane. thanks...

Hey whats up! You always post in my Journal How DARE I not post in yours...Your pictures look AWSOME! YOu have a sexy looking back trust me you'll be walking around with backless shirts in no time and you'll have fun a prom! goodluck

-Christina

wow after reading your post, i am just about crying..........but its a mix of emotions, cuz its happy tears cuz im just so happy like how u said because its just so emotional after having it for so long.......but then its sad cuz i think about all the life i missed out on, and how i still dont have my confidence completely back yet. and like ur mom said about when people lose weight.......wow she was dead on, cuz thats exactly how i feel. and like u said i still feel like theres a trace of the old acne there, and i still have only wore a low cut top once, and i wasn't super comfortable with it. but wow everything u wrote, i could relate with perfectly. i swear its like u wrote everything that i have been thinking, lol!!! im so glad that we can talk about this.......cuz specially when ur a 17 year old girl, not too many other girls have back and chest acne, and its just so hard to watch them wear whatever they want, and it just rips you apart inside because its makes u feel so ugly and disgusting. but im so happy that we are both clearing up and can basically start over and live a whole new lifestyle. i mean seriously i actually can look at myself in the mirror now, and touch my skin......and i feel so sexy for like the first time in so long, lol......having clear skin just makes u feel like a whole new person. and like u said about the massage.....hahahah i totally know what u mean!!! i did the same thing! but im an idiot though cuz the guy that i like offered me a massage the other day, and my automatic response was to like freeze up and say no, and even though i didn't say no right away......i still couldn't get up the courage to let him do it!! stupid me huh? lol oh well............anyways, sorry im rambling, but its just nice to have someone who relates so well. biggrin.gif

and sissuperstar..........man i know exactly how u feel about the turtlenecks, thats like all i have worn for like 4 years! and it will be weird when we dont even have to think about what top we put on in relation to our acne (even though i think we still always will in the back of our head). well im really glad that u have decided to go on accutane again........its literally one of the best things that has ever happened to me! and like vrrrrg said........i dont care what anyone else says about it, its an amazing drug and i really dont even think dermatologist should wait that long to put people on it anymore. it gave me my life back, and that its pretty much a miracale! so i wish u the best of luck, and start a log when u start accutane to let us know hows things go!

oh and vrrrrg- sorry i didn't answer ur question before.......it took about one month for my acne to be completely clear and about a week and a half, maybe not even that......it looked like there was never any there! everyone is different though, but it looks like you'll be clear in no time!! biggrin.gif

DAY 20

January 30th 3005

well... my face is ok except my chin's a mess! cry.gif a cyst keeps appearing day after day in the same spot. it finally went away and then the next day it was back and now there are three healing cysts all around eachother and it looks awful! uhg. i told myself not to pick at it no matter how much i want to because im going up thursday to see my bf and i want my face at least to be clear. my chest is not perfectly clear anymore, i got a zit on it and then its getting more bumps that you can feel but not see. 3 cysts popped up on my back eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifcry.gif oh well... it will get better. I got 5 bottles of pills the other day.. echinacea, zinc, ester-c, b complex and cod liver oil. im returning the cod liver oil because it has vitamin A and im returning the echinacea because you have to take it 4 times a day. i took the b complex and ester-c today. i couldnt swallow the zinc for some reason. so now im taking 6 pills a day. eek. i went pee today and it was neon yellow... i need to drink more water. well thats all. oh and bella babe (what your name, mines virginia) its nice to have your support especially since you went through the same thing as me. and go get a massage! eusa_dance.gif

DAY 21 (WEEK 3)

January 31st 2005

im feeling really discouraged! my chest is as bad as it was when i began again. like 7 zits popped up last night eusa_wall.gif uhg and my back still looks awful!!!!! i want to cry. i dont think it will be gone by prom which is in 2 months exactly! eek! i dont know how ill find a dress........................................................... eusa_wall.gifeusa_boohoo.gifsad.gifmad.gif hmmm well picture time. i dont want to explain what i look like so just look at the pictures.

My chestuser posted imageMy Faceuser posted image My back eusa_wall.gifuser posted image