Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KaPP

A tip for the average joe

I see so many people on these boards worrying about every little detail in the food they eat, which I'm sure may work for some, but in my mind is kind of lunatic. I think you're scaring a lot of people away.

You do NOT have to do everything some people are doing, you can get better skin(+health) without any exaggerations at all. Assisted by a good regimen (facial wash, toner and moisturizer of your choice) it worked for me.

What did I do?

I cut out quick carbs, foods with a high G.I Value (Glucemic Index). This means potatoes, white bread (I make sure the bread I eat indeed has a low GI, not just that it's dark) and I try to avoid candy.

I won't go too deeply concerning the benefits of this "diet" but it basically makes the body produce less oil(?other benefits) by keeping a steady digestion (slow carbs)

of carbohydrates hence producing less insulin. Insulin in its turn affects androgens which affect sebum etc smile.gif

Best of luck!

(Hope I don't have any scientific mistakes/general, in that case I apologize)

What did I do?

I cut out quick carbs, foods with a high G.I Value (Glucemic Index). This means potatoes, white bread (I make sure the bread I eat indeed has a low GI, not just that it's dark) and I try to avoid candy.

Assisted by a good regimen (facial wash, toner and moisturizer of your choice) it worked for me.

You do NOT have to do everything some people are doing, you can get better skin(+health) without any exaggerations at all. Assisted by a good regimen (facial wash, toner and moisturizer of your choice) it worked for me.

I bow to your superior knowledge, SJ, but I have just read numerous times that wholewheat bread had a lower GI than white. eusa_think.gif

If it turns into a warzone, I'll just lock it. biggrin.gif