Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fire

I am my face's worst enemy

eusa_boohoo.gif This has probably been discussed b4, but I just need a little support. I have become so obsessed with my face, that I overtreat every bump that appears on my face. I, unfortunately have a magnifying mirror that highlights all of my inperfections. I dont know why I look at the mirror because I know that I will start picking, but it has become a ritual. I know that the attack on my face will leave me with scars, but I do it anyway eusa_doh.gif . What makes matters worse is the fact that my face would look great if I didnt do things that would cause scars. My pimples arent that bad, but the scars are. I was looking @ pictures of myself that were taken not to long ago and my face was not as bad as I thought it was. But because I obsess so much I keep messing it up. Just when my scars are leaving, I mess my face up again by picking at something or switching products ( I forgot to mention Im addicted to using different products). I know that my face could be worse, but having to look at it everyday is the pits cry.gif . If only there was a way that I didnt have to look in the mirror each day, I think my problems would be solved since I am the problem mad.gif ! Thank you guys for listening to me vent. eusa_shifty.gif .

Guest OnlyJoe

"If only there was a way that I didnt have to look in the mirror each day"

Scratch your eyes out.

on a more serious note, getting over picking at your face is something i had to also overcome, its especially tricky when you obsess so much. my face definatley got alot better after i stopped picking at everything.

Just make you frequently vist a doctor or deratologist and these boards! wink.gif

Guest OnlyJoe

ALSO>>

i doubt you think your face is as bad it is, the acne always looks alot worse on the face of the person its on. i bet your damn fine fire!

Yeah I'm the same way. I still pick at developed pimples.....I just can't stand knowing I have one of my face! Luckily, I haven't gotten one for a few days (!!) Anyway, try to remember 2 things the next time you look in the mirror:

1)I'm guessing your about 2 cm from the mirror. Remember, most, if not all (unless your making out with your bf/gf) that people won't be that close to you when you see them.

--and--

2)It never looks as bad as it does to you than it does to other people. Want proof? Go and start a conversation with someone that has moderate/severe acne. You'll probably barely notice it when your talking to them.

2)It never looks as bad as it does to you than it does to other people. Want proof? Go and start a conversation with someone that has moderate/severe acne. You'll probably barely notice it when your talking to them.

i used to pick my face all the time and it did fuck up my skin. try to concentrate on something to clear your acne and stick to one or two products

Thanx pals. It seems like everytime I get a pimple, no matter how small it is, I constantly find myself looking at it all day long. I even wake up during the night to go check it and make sure that its gone eusa_doh.gif . confused.gif Yes, an overly obsessed. I also get scar amnesia, because when I pick at the bumps, I forget about the possibility of scars like an idiot! Im working on it though. How did you guys stop picking??????? eusa_think.gif

Thanx pals.  It seems like everytime I get a pimple, no matter how small it is, I constantly find myself looking at it all day long.  I even wake up during the night to go check it and make sure that its gone eusa_doh.gifconfused.gif  Yes, an overly obsessed.  I also get scar amnesia, because when I pick at the bumps, I forget about the possibility of scars like an idiot!  Im working on it though.  How did you guys stop picking??????? eusa_think.gif

Guest Zitro

squeezing at a stress ball constantly got rid of my picking habits.

getting facials got rid of my urge to pop zits in the mirror.