Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i've just started accutane yeasterday.

as i understand i might have a prety bad breakout in the begining. does everyone have this initial breakout?

and how long before i start to see improvment?

also, if the tane makes u better by thinning your skin,does it mean that after your done with it your skin stays that way? and if it does go back to normal than the acne comes back with it?

finally, can some1 explain in simple words how does the thing actually work?

thanks.

i've just started accutane yeasterday.

as i understand i might have a prety bad breakout in the begining. does everyone have this initial breakout?

- I had a pretty bad breakout at the start of week 2, but it wasn't nothing worse than what I would consider a "bad" breakout before Accutane.

and how long before i start to see improvment?

- Right after my initial breakout (which lastest 2 or 3 days) I started to clear up immediately.

also, if the tane makes u better by thinning your skin,does it mean that after your done with it your skin stays that way? and if it does go back to normal than the acne comes back with it?

- As far as I'm concerned, 'Tane doesn't thin your skin. I think what most people are referring to is the fact that Accutane will make your skin peel because it is so dry, not uncommon to what happens when using most topicals that are harsh on your skin. When you finish Accutane your skin will regain a balance with the amount of oil it has and stop peeling. And remember to moisturize while on the 'Tane so your skin doesn't get too dry, which can cause lots of damage.

Hey, good luck with your Accutane treatment. I’ve been on it for a total of three months - - two month lapse between - - and it really is a wonderful drug.

Even though no one really understands exactly how Accutane works, it is a retinoid which means that it is a relative of Vitamin A that decreases the size of the oil glands. I’ve always believed that the initial breakout takes place when the glands are decreasing in size and the oil has no other place to go besides the surface.

Everyone’s experience on Accutane varies but the majority of people seem to get their initial breakout during the first few weeks. Think week two to week six. For me (and many others), the initial breakout is the worst your face will ever look during your treatment. I hope that you don’t go through this but, if you do, please be patient with yourself and with the drug. Some people don’t break out at all and just sail straight into the seas of clear skin. Other people will break out during the entire treatment.

I haven’t really noticed my skin getting any thinner but some people have had this experience. I think the majority of what happens to your body on Accutane is reversible including this effect. If you are concerned about this, try taking some Vitamin C since it helps with collagen production (and it will help with scarring and redness too!)

Several people have had to have more than one Accutane treatment. They say that the success rate is eighty percent and I honestly believe in that rate.

Since you started Accutane, be sure to drink a lot of water and buy some heavy-duty lip balm. Again, good luck and keep us posted with your progress

I believe I had my initial breakout in my 10th week, I was upped to 120 mg then. Prior to that my skin was just like before accutane, aside from dryness, i broke out normally etc. Now after that, which was pretty bad, about 5 days, I am continually becomign more clear and am approaching the week 12.