Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just wanted to share about the product that I have found to be the most effective out of the vast spectrum of acne medications I have tried. It's called Azelex, and it's a topical medication. Yeah, I know, that topical shit almost never works. Before my derm prescribed me this stuff, I tried Retin-A (stay far, far away), various topical antibiotics, Proactiv (stay further away), BP gel (not a chance) and basically every other prescription on the face of the planet. I had very low expectations when I first tried this cream, and at first it seemed that my low expectations were to be confirmed. However, I noticed two very important things; it did not inflame or irritate my skin, and it greatly reduced oil production. So I kept at it. After about a week, I saw a noticable difference. By the second week, all I had left was three or four small pimples and a shitload of red marks. By week three, I had no active pimples and fading red marks. By week four, my skin was almost completely clear. I am absolutely ecstatic about this stuff! It's extremely agreeable. You can wear it all day long, and it's completely invisible. And if you're a girl, you can even wear makeup over it! The only downside that I've noticed is that it itches like a rat-bastard. Oh, and it also costs about 75 dollars a tube.

So I hope this helps. If you've tried everything short of accutane, ask your derm about this stuff. This stuff in conjunction with regular antibiotic use is a very effective combo! Good luck!

I just wanted to share about the product that I have found to be the most effective out of the vast spectrum of acne medications I have tried. It's called Azelex, and it's a topical medication. Yeah, I know, that topical shit almost never works. Before my derm prescribed me this stuff, I tried Retin-A (stay far, far away), various topical antibiotics, Proactiv (stay further away), BP gel (not a chance) and basically every other prescription on the face of the planet. I had very low expectations when I first tried this cream, and at first it seemed that my low expectations were to be confirmed. However, I noticed two very important things; it did not inflame or irritate my skin, and it greatly reduced oil production. So I kept at it. After about a week, I saw a noticable difference. By the second week, all I had left was three or four small pimples and a shitload of red marks. By week three, I had no active pimples and fading red marks. By week four, my skin was almost completely clear. I am absolutely ecstatic about this stuff! It's extremely agreeable. You can wear it all day long, and it's completely invisible. And if you're a girl, you can even wear makeup over it! The only downside that I've noticed is that it itches like a rat-bastard. Oh, and it also costs about 75 dollars a tube.

i used azelex when i had really, really mild acne (probably the kind that isn't even worth seeing a dermatologist about, i was stupid)... after i started using it, i got fullblown cystic acne. i don't know if i was just doomed, or if the azelex did it. it did help with my redmarks (i had a few) though, they faded pretty quickly.

I am using 15% azelic acid (Finacea cream). I've been on it for about 4 weeks and I am seeing improvment in my skin. I developed rosacea from using clindamycin and my face was really inflammed and loaded with zits along with being red and irritated. I now only have a few pimples and i am waiting for the redness and scars to disappear-but I am seeing them fade slowly but surely.

I use finacea morning and night and differin at night also-only twice a week. The finacea does itch-but i've found that if you let your skin dry completely(about 20 minutes) after washing and moisturizing (and in my case applying differin) that it just tingles a little for about 5 minutes, then it's fine. Also if your skin is dry (cause its winter here in michigan) that it will itch much worse, so I wash and moisturize and apply the finacea after being at work for about an hour so my skin won't be so dry and chapped. No more itching. I'm not sure why it itches-but i hope it means it's working.