Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

it says on the benzaclin instructions to use only a small amount and if it leaves a white film you used too much. I end up using such a small amount i dont know if it does anything. My question is how much should i be using?

for me, i usualy use a pea size amount for forehead, one for each cheek, and half of that for chin, desolves without leaving a film, but at the same time provides complete coverage

The directions say to use a tiny amount, but I find myself using more. Otherwise, it doesn't cover my entire face- and what's the point of that?

If I use too much, it doesn't irritate my skin anymore, because I'm used to it.

Keep using benzaclin- it works wonders.

caline^_^

agreed, benzaclin works wonders,, its the ingenious combination of BP and clindamycin that makes it work so well

only problem is the cost, no insurance, and its $130 for a small canister which lasts around 2 week :)

donations are welcome! :D

i currently have mild acne which is mostly red marks and a few small blemishes. but the redmarks are pretty abundant, so my face doesn't look very clear although it is smooth, not bumpy. i am currently taking retin-a micro, fineven (it's like azalex, just a different name), triaz 3% BP cleanser, and doryx 100mg pills. my derm is recommending i take accutane because the "rule" is if you "fail" (by fail it means it does not clear you dramatically) more than two oral medications then you will be recommended for accutane. i failed four: dynacin, nicomide, amoxicillin, and doryx. i'm thinking i don't need something as drastic as accutane, but i cannot stick with my current regimen as it is only containing my acne, not shrinking it.

so my question is, is retin-a micro and benzaclin and good combo? i'd consider using retin-a micro, benzaclin and pills. anyone who has this same regimen want to give me some feedback? thanks a lot.

i was on the retin a and benzaclin combo, it did not work well at all, my skin broke out, got very red , puffy and oily - i did it for the full 45 days, but it only got worse, so my doctor cut me out of the retinmicro, and left me on the benzaclin, and my skin cleared up, the most dramatic affect was the reduction of the redness in my skin

I used the benzaclin/differin combo when I first started getting acne and it seemed to work pretty good though it really really dried me out. I've been off it though as my acne has progressed so I dunno if it would work as good now.