Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Zitro

is it just me or people who are clearing up ...

Guest Zitro

I am more obsessed with my skin than last year when my acne was much more severe and I had cysts everywhere. Now that the midterm exams are near, I'm all stressed and my acne is flaring up like crazy, I'm even getting cysts now, and my acne does not seem severe enough to develop many of them.

...and obviously ... I'm obsessed with my skin now, even though it's nothing compared to what I had.

Anyone thinks the same about this?

MY skin was much much worse 2 1/2 years ago than it is now, but I still fret over it just as much. Obviously I dont feel quite as helpless, but its gonna take a whole lot more clearing until I dont have to worry my face

i got like 3 or 4 whiteheads/blackheads.. i obsess about them more now then what i had 8 or 9 and didnt care, ate what i want..

Now that I started clearing up a bit I'm always worried about it going back to the way it was before, so I'm way more obsessed with my face now then ever before doubt.gif

I think that obsessing over acne makes it worse, well in my case anyways... plus i want to keep what little sanity and dignity i have left. wacko.gif

Guest OnlyJoe

im not as obsessed as i was, i used to pick at my skin until it bledd, now i stoped and i am improving, the though of doing that now makes me cringe.

P.S. anyone else having connection problems to the forum?

Guest OnlyJoe

im not as obsessed as i was, i used to pick at my skin until it blead, now i stoped and i am improving, the though of doing that now makes me cringe.

P.S. anyone else having connection problems to the forum?

My english is real bad so im going to write these as best as i can. Acne-less people and most of dermatologists are unable to understand the psycological impact of lokking yourself at the mirror with these damm things growing in your face, chest and back. When a person is stressed and (sometimes) depressed for a continuous very long time, he or she develop a neuro-chemical disorder in the center of the brain called serotonin reuptake inhibitor disorder. Its most remarkable symptom is that the person is unable to even work, sleep or eat at all because of the obsesion. These mental disorder is treated by drug-psycotherapy combo, but some doctors consider the drug nastier than the disorder itself. IM NOT TRYING TO SCARE YOU. IM NOT SAYING THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE THESE PROBLEM JUST BECAUSE OF (SEVERE) ACNE. IM JUST TRYING TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CRYING OR GETTING ANGRY WONT MAKE IT GO AWAY. I suffered moderate-severe acne five years and after a hardcore accutane treatment i have been clear for about 4 years (except the last month when i started to take gym-stuff supplements like creatine monohydrate). NO ONE IN MY FAMILY SUFFER THIS THING, WHY ME? NOBODY LIKES ME BECAUSE IM A FREAK ETC ETC BLA BLA. THE TRUTH IS: WANT IT OR NOT THESE THING WILL BE WITH YOU THE VERY REST OF YOUR LIFE. AND ITS EQUALLY DEPRESSIVE WHEN IT GOES OFF AND LEAVES THE DAMM SCARS. ITS UP TO YOU TO BEAT OR NOT YOUR DERMATOLOGIST´S ASS UNTIL HE OR SHE REALLY MAKE YOU REGAIN AND MANTAIN CONTROL OF YOUR SKIN. Sorry if these words arent useful but take a look of my last advice: RUNNING AWAY WONT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!

Yep, same here.

My acne is much less severe than it was as an adolescent. Actually, it's hardly severe at all--maybe 1 zit every three weeks. But god, do I ever obsess over that one zit!

I have a few recommendations for people regarding this problem:

1.) Keep some kind of log of your zits, as a way of looking at things from a more objective perspective (hey, that rhymes!). For example, when I look at my notebook and see that I have not had any acne in 24 days, and even now that I'm "breaking out," only have a single zit on my left cheek, I realize that I'm probably overreacting.

2.) When you first wake up, look at yourself in the mirror. What impression do you have of your face? Your skin will probably look pretty clear, because you haven't had the time to make the psychological "adjustments" that make you unable to clearly judge how bad your acne is later in the day. Try to keep this picture of yourself in your mind, because I guarantee it's how other people see you.

3.) Make sure you have the right prescription of contacts/glasses etc. I know that sounds weird, but bear with me. If you can't see well, everybody else's skin is going to look a lot clearer than yours, since you can't make out the individual blemishes on their face.

Just a few tips, from someone who quite healed the psychological wounds from having acne in my teens.

Guest OnlyJoe

would you be as obsessed trying to stay clear as you would trying to be clear? i would