Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willienelson

Is Dan Cheating Us?

Entrepreneur Dan's 2.5% BP gel (4 oz) = 10% BP (1 oz) eusa_liar.gif

You just need to dilute the 10% concentration with aloe or something

So Dan's is not a bargain unless it's a cheap 32 oz or 1/2 gallon jug for REAL ACNE people with acne on body and face.

the BP gel lasts 2 weeks for me, so it ain't much a bargain when you could use 10% on your body! razz.gif

You're the idiot kooky!

Check it out people:

Dan's BP BP

Price $8.50 about the same

% 2.5% 10%

Amount 4 oz 1 oz

10% BP at 1 oz = 4 x (2.5% at 1 oz)

Anyone study math?

If you were to dilute the 10% concentration with aloe, you could get Dan's 2.5% at 4 oz!

Anyone take chemistry?

Everyone knows that if you have 10% concentration of Kool-Aid at 1 oz, you can dilute it to 2.5% by increasing the water to 4 oz.

If you've got 10 tiny balls floating in 1 oz of water, you can dilute it to 2.5 balls by increasing the water to 4 oz. razz.gif

Basically, Dan's deal is no better than the average 10% BP, because you can dilute 10% BP with aloe.

2.5% is less irritating than 10% studys say, so he is selling a better, and cheaper product

i personally like 10%, but i did buy 4 bottles of dans to support him/this forum/and my acne..

also good cuz its clear

He's trying to say that mixing "lotion" with a 10% benzoyl peroxide would effectively create a large 2.5% quantity for a better value. However, it probably would be a very weird consistency and not as effective.

Hey, I've never really looked at the Neutrogena BP and it is 2.5%!

I figured most everything was 10% with a few exceptions of 5%

Well, compared to Neutrogena, the BP is definitely economical without some of the crap that Neutrogena puts in their formulation.

BP gel is basically the same price as the 10% out there. But the BP gel has the best and simplest formulation.

I still think that 32 oz would be a better size, if not 64 oz. biggrin.gif

The BP gel recommendation is that you purchase 1-2 tubes a month for face acne and 3-4 for back/body. At this rate, you're buying up to 24 BP gel tubes per year for face and up to 48 tubes for body acne!

A 32 oz would last 4 months for the face and 2 months for body acne.

Best bet would be 64 oz. For people not familiar with body acne, 64 oz isn't that large of a size! idea.gif

Guest Brandon

You're embarassing yourself in a weak attempt to drag Dan's good name and efforts through the mud. Just stop please.

Hey, I've never really looked at the Neutrogena BP and it is 2.5%!

I figured most everything was 10% with a few exceptions of 5%

Well, compared to Neutrogena, the BP is definitely economical without some of the crap that Neutrogena puts in their formulation.

BP gel is basically the same price as the 10% out there.  But the BP gel has the best and simplest formulation.

I still think that 32 oz would be a better size, if not 64 oz.       biggrin.gif

The BP gel recommendation is that you purchase 1-2 tubes a month for face acne and 3-4 for back/body.  At this rate, you're buying up to 24 BP gel tubes per year for face and up to 48 tubes for body acne!

A 32 oz would last 4 months for the face and 2 months for body acne.

Best bet would be 64 oz.  For people not familiar with body acne, 64 oz isn't that large of a size!           idea.gif

Guest Nicky_uk

All i can say is that 10% messes my face up, and the gel is cheaper for me even with the importation charges and i live in england.

If you are really poor, cheap generic approved acne ointments and drugs are available from India, Mexico, China etc.

I think Dan may manufacture his supplies in China.

Accutane generic version made in India is available in USA.

Benzoyl peroxide at 1/10th the the US price is available from India.

Check China Mexico etc.

Ranbaxy gets FDA approval to manufacture and market Isotretinoin

EPP News Bureau - New Delhi || Added 16:31:23 hrs on June 23rd, 2003

Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited announced that the company has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration to manufacture and commercialize Isotretinoin capsules USP, 30 mg, representing a new dosage strength for Isotretinoin. The company\'s wholly owned subsidiary, Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc (RPI) will market this product under the brand name Sotret that will provide dosing flexibility to physicians and complement the existing strengths (10, 20, and 40 mg) currently available in the market that are commercialized under the Ranbaxy label.

Isotretinoin (Accutane) capsules are indicated for severe recalcitrant nodular acne. However, because of adverse effects associated with its use, Isotretinoin is reserved for patients with severe nodule acne that are unresponsive to conventional therapy, including systemic antibiotics. Overall sales of Accutane totaled $415 million (IMS-MAT: March 2003).

Sotret is being promoted by the Ranbaxy Brand Products Division (BPD), towards building a portfolio of products with brand names. BPD has established a team of over 35 professional sales representatives who promote Sotret to prescribers of Isotretinoin. The product will be placed in all distribution channels and be available in wholesalers and pharmacies throughout the US as product becomes available.

According to Dipak Chattaraj, president of RPI, ``With this new 30 mg strength, dosing titration can be more effectively tailored to meet patient needs and represents our contribution to adding clinical utility to this product. We believe this will benefit prescribers, patients and health plans in allowing the optimal dose to be provided through flexibility of dosing, and that physicians will find this strength as adding clinical value to this molecule.\'\'

Based in Princeton, New Jersey, RPI is a wholly owned subsidiary of RLL, India, having established operations in the US in 1994 and launching its first prescription product in January 1998, following FDA approval in August 1997. For the year 2002, US operations achieved sales of US $ 296 million, a growth of 162 per cent over the corresponding year.

During 2002, RPI filed 23 ANDAs (surpassing its target of 15-20 ANDA filings annually) and received 11 approvals. Currently the cumulative number of approvals is at 67. RPI markets a basket of generic products covering major therapeutic areas. In 2002, RPI was ranked as the 9th largest in the US generics market.

Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited, India\'s largest pharmaceutical company, manufactures and markets branded generic pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredients. Ranbaxy\'s continued focus on R&D has resulted in several approvals in developed markets and significant progress in New Drug Discovery Research. Ranbaxy\'s foray into NDDS has led to proprietary \"platform technologies\" resulting in a number of products under development.

The company is selling its products in over 70 countries and has an expanding international portfolio of affiliates, joint ventures and alliances, ground operations in 25 countries and manufacturing operations in seven countries.

Dodo, I thought you may have partly had a point in the other thread, but now I don't know what your point is?

Are you saying Dan's product isn't necessary? Note that purchase of the gel isn't even necessary to be on the FREE regimen, and I think his repeat customers speak for themselves!

If you are really poor, cheap generic approved acne ointments and drugs are available from India, Mexico, China etc.

I think Dan may manufacture his supplies in China.

Accutane generic version made in India is available in USA.

Benzoyl peroxide at 1/10th the the US price is  available from India.

Check China Mexico etc.

Ranbaxy gets FDA approval to manufacture and market Isotretinoin

EPP News Bureau - New Delhi || Added 16:31:23 hrs on June 23rd, 2003 

Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited announced that the company has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration to manufacture and commercialize Isotretinoin capsules USP, 30 mg, representing a new dosage strength for Isotretinoin. The company\'s wholly owned subsidiary, Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc (RPI) will market this product under the brand name Sotret that will provide dosing flexibility to physicians and complement the existing strengths (10, 20, and 40 mg) currently available in the market that are commercialized under the Ranbaxy label.

Isotretinoin (Accutane) capsules are indicated for severe recalcitrant nodular acne. However, because of adverse effects associated with its use, Isotretinoin is reserved for patients with severe nodule acne that are unresponsive to conventional therapy, including systemic antibiotics. Overall sales of Accutane totaled $415 million (IMS-MAT: March 2003).

Sotret is being promoted by the Ranbaxy Brand Products Division (BPD), towards building a portfolio of products with brand names. BPD has established a team of over 35 professional sales representatives who promote Sotret to prescribers of Isotretinoin. The product will be placed in all distribution channels and be available in wholesalers and pharmacies throughout the US as product becomes available.

According to Dipak Chattaraj, president of RPI, ``With this new 30 mg strength, dosing titration can be more effectively tailored to meet patient needs and represents our contribution to adding clinical utility to this product. We believe this will benefit prescribers, patients and health plans in allowing the optimal dose to be provided through flexibility of dosing, and that physicians will find this strength as adding clinical value to this molecule.\'\'

Based in Princeton, New Jersey, RPI is a wholly owned subsidiary of RLL, India, having established operations in the US in 1994 and launching its first prescription product in January 1998, following FDA approval in August 1997. For the year 2002, US operations achieved sales of US $ 296 million, a growth of 162 per cent over the corresponding year.

During 2002, RPI filed 23 ANDAs (surpassing its target of 15-20 ANDA filings annually) and received 11 approvals. Currently the cumulative number of approvals is at 67. RPI markets a basket of generic products covering major therapeutic areas. In 2002, RPI was ranked as the 9th largest in the US generics market.

Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited, India\'s largest pharmaceutical company, manufactures and markets branded generic pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredients. Ranbaxy\'s continued focus on R&D has resulted in several approvals in developed markets and significant progress in New Drug Discovery Research. Ranbaxy\'s foray into NDDS has led to proprietary \"platform technologies\" resulting in a number of products under development.

The company is selling its products in over 70 countries and has an expanding international portfolio of affiliates, joint ventures and alliances, ground operations in 25 countries and manufacturing operations in seven countries.

Dodo, I thought you may have partly had a point in the other thread, but now I don't know what your point is?

Are you saying Dan's product isn't necessary?  Note that purchase of the gel isn't even necessary to be on the FREE regimen, and I think his repeat customers speak for themselves!

I was satisfyingly clear using neutrogena on-the-spot. When I first came across acne.org, there was no BP gel. If I remember correctly, Dan was trying everything he could to get Neutrogena to market a larger sized BP since the regimen requires an abundant amount. He had no luck with neutrogena, nor any other company from what I recall. eusa_think.gif Thank goodness he decided to take matters into his own hands and invested a small fortune into making a large tube of BP gel available to all of us. All those little scrappy bottles of on-the-spot were making me dig for change around the house hoping I could afford the next one, since one tube lasted me all of 5 days. mad.gif

I say he is no different from ProActiv in reference to making money. His "free" regimen is a marketing ploy. Yea, his gel isn't necessary, but since he's had good results you're obviously going to want the exact products in hopes of seeing the exact results.

Oh, and NOTS goes for $6.99 in my CVS. ($4.97 in Walmart). I wonder how much that product is where the cost of living is much higher! So, to adjust the math:

5.33 tubes of NOTS = $37.28

Savings = ($37.28 - $11.50)/$11.50 x 100% = 224%

ie 2.24 EXTRA tubes of BP gel w/the same amount spend on NOTS.

What surewhatever said.

And then there:

One tube of BP gel is 4 oz.

1 tube of NOTS is .75 oz

BP gel is 5.33 x NOTS.

In my area, NOTS costs $4.97 per tube

1 tube of BP gel costs $8.50 + $3 S & H (I believe, I've been ordering 2 recently).

In order to buy 5.33 tubes of NOTS, you'd need 5.33 x $4.97 = $26.50.

Thus BP gel offers a savings of ($26.50 - $11.50)/$11.50 x 100% = 130% savings over NOTS.

Or, you could buy 1.3 extra tubes of BP gel w/the amount you'd spend on a similar amount of NOTS.

That, AND the BP gel does work better than NOTS for the regimen, so people choose the BP gel.  Like surewhatever said, the NOTS does work, you can use it on the regimen and still get good results.  However, if you're going to do The Regimen, anyway, you might as well choose the better product, not to mention keep a few pennies in your pocket.

Don't hate 'cos Dan came up with a good idea that actually gives us GREAT results biggrin.gif