Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ringledman

Retina A - Any Success stories?????

If you do a search for Retin-a it seems like not many people recommend it.

Has anyone had any real success stories with it? Anyone swear by it?

If so how long did it take to really work?

Cheers.

well i wanna try retin-a but havent been able to see a derm to prescribe it. My friend has been using it and he has 100% completely clear skin. He says its good stuff.

If all you're using it for is to fade marks, I would suggest Tri-Luma. It has tretinoin in it, which is the same main ingredient in Retin-a. But it also has 4% hydroquinone in it to help fade red marks.

i used retina micro about 4 years ago with nothing else.. didnt work at all. made things worse. but this year the doc gave me normal retina and with the other stuff i use it worked amazingly. after the redness stops and the intial couple of weeks.. great results. just stay out of the sun. ouch!

I use Taz, it is like Retin-a, or so I hear. Anyways, it works majic for red marks, but the break-out lasts for ever. 3rd month and i'm just starting to see, small, improvements (if any at all) but the remarks I had have went away.

i used retina micro about 4 years ago with nothing else.. didnt work at all. made things worse. but this year the doc gave me normal retina and with the other stuff i use it worked amazingly. after the redness stops and the intial couple of weeks.. great results. just stay out of the sun. ouch!

the one i use now doesnt have the microspheres. but im sure it be the same if not better. mine comes in gel, i think retin-a micro is a cream? both do the same thing, one is just less irritating.

i used to apply bp topical gel in the morning, retin-a at night.

now i use them both morning and night, and just stay out of the sun/ use sunscrean.

i think with bp or somethin else it would be more effective. depends on what type of acne u have. just my thoughts.

the one i use now doesnt have the microspheres. but im sure it be the same if not better. mine comes in gel, i think retin-a micro is a cream? both do the same thing, one is just less irritating.

i used to apply bp topical gel in the morning, retin-a at night.

now i use them both morning and night, and just stay out of the sun/ use sunscrean.

i think with bp or somethin else it would be more effective. depends on what type of acne u have. just my thoughts.

I started my first day of Retin A Micro (gel) 0.4 last night...i am scared shitless....

the initial breakout might really kill me!

Anyhow this is what happened

Day 1...

washed face with fresh foaming cleanser by Neutrogena

then pea size gel for forehead, both cheeks, and chin.

this morning my face was a tiny bit red. thats it...then put on some spf 30 moisterizer.

I have a question....am i supposed to put retin on my nose?

ames

Hi! I've been using Tretinoin 0.1% for almost 3 weeks. On my 2nd week, face is okay, but now, I'm experiencing some zits on areas I never had before. Is it normal? my dermatologist prescribed me this, in accordance with a clarifying lotion and an Erythromycin solution, but even that so, I got zits with pus, then when I'm tempted, I pop it, and the stuff comes out with white stuff, but it left a red mark and the pore seem enlarged. IS THAT NATURAL? Help. I'm depressed. Thanks!!!

Don't pop your zits! I know u've heard this a million times before...but you will SO regret it when you have a face full of scars!

Anyway I've found that the regular Retin-A gel stings and cream doesn't. And that the Retin-A Micro gel doesn't sting, but smells like ass. lol

I started my first day of Retin A Micro (gel) 0.4 last night...i am scared shitless....

the initial breakout might really kill me!

Anyhow this is what happened

Day 1...

washed face with fresh foaming cleanser by Neutrogena

then pea size gel for forehead, both cheeks, and chin.

this morning my face was a tiny bit red. thats it...then put on some spf 30 moisterizer.

I have a question....am i supposed to put retin on my nose?

ames

HI! Question, guys! Does sleeping out late affect on your acne improvement while using Tretinoin or Does it aggravate your condition? I'm just wondering because I always sleep out late, but I usually get 9 hours of sleep a day, but I sleep about 4am then wake up about 1pm. Is that ok?!!

I used Retin A Micro about 3 years ago and to be honest with you it looked like

I used paint stripper on my face! I had huge, dry, red spots at my jaw line which

looked a hundred times worse than the acne :wall: . I wouldn't recommend it

myself, but everyone's skin is different and it has worked for some people.

* I'm sixteen and suffer from moderate - severe acne if anyone knows what works well please let me know!

I SWEAR by it it's good stuff....however...please keep in mind that wat's good stuff for me may not be the case for you.

Im on day 18 of retin a micro .4

no breakouts yets and my skin tolerated it extremely well, meaning i had no irritation such as redness, dry skin, and the whole nitty gritty. I did peel though but only when i wet the face and rub rub rub....it also shrank pimples faster as well.

overall my skin tone is evening out...prior to retin a my skin was rather blotchy from all the abuse of suntanning...squeezing pimples...etc...now im just waiting for the leftover acne marks to clear up. Im looking kinda pale though but better pale than blotchy!

what i suggest is going on the weakest retin a.. i think 0.025...and work your way up. good luck and feel free to ask any questions.

ames wink.gif

BAD !!

keep your hands away from face! please don't pick on pimples no matter how they taunt you... I SWEAR sometimes it seems the pimples just go "na na na na naaaa...cant pop me" then u pop them to show them whos the fricken boss...then the stupid pimples get the last laugh cuz they leave you with this shitty red mark!

PLEASEEEEE refrain...retin a makes your skin sensitive and delicate so more prone to scarring! refrain refrain...when you pimples taunt you...do what i do! put a dallop of something on it to shut it up...i dont like BP so i slap on some lotion...=D

good luck

ames wink.gif

That was freakin funny, my imagination goes a long way as pimples seem to have their own mind. "yah right!" ok, as much as possible, i try to refrain from popping my zits. I just let it heal. But, my experience right now is that although I'm using Tretinoin for a month, (damn!) , i still got zits, and actually they are redder and when they heal, I have to say, the mark they left are really dark pigmented...huhu!!

That was freakin funny, my imagination goes a long way as pimples seem to have their own mind. "yah right!" ok, as much as possible, i try to refrain from popping my zits. I just let it heal. But, my experience right now is that although I'm using Tretinoin for a month, (damn!) , i still got zits, and actually they are redder and when they heal, I have to say, the mark they left are really dark pigmented...huhu!!

im sorry but i believe popping is necessary sometimes. there have been zits that got so big i wish i had popped them when they first came to the surface becase they were so big that they ripped open by accident and left a big ass crater in my face ;o some just dont go away on their own and u have to be the judge of when that is, sometimes its better to pop.