Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darklord

Few Questions...

Hey,

I have been thinking about getting some sort of lazer resurfacing done but i have heard that it can cause hyper-pigmentation, is this true for all lazers or are there ones that dont?

Also, regarding micro-dermabration would it get rid of all pigmentation problems as it resufaces the skin eusa_think.gif and even it out to the normal skin colour?

Or would even the micro-dermabration cause hyper-pigmentation?

Thanks alot,

Tom

What type of laser resurfacing are you considering? There are many different types of lasers- I'd suggest further research on them before going through with any of them.

Microdermabrasion is basically a manual exfoliation procedure that may improve the tone and texture of your skin. It may improve the skin tone, but it doesn't work for everyone. In general, I'd say microdermabrasion is fairly non-invasive unless it's done aggressively in which case it might cause hyperpigmentation.

What type of laser resurfacing are you considering? There are many different types of lasers- I'd suggest further research on them before going through with any of them.

Microdermabrasion is basically a manual exfoliation procedure that may improve the tone and texture of your skin. It may improve the skin tone, but it doesn't work for everyone. In general, I'd say microdermabrasion is fairly non-invasive unless it's done aggressively in which case it might cause hyperpigmentation.

Tom, do you still have some active acne? If so, I'd avoid laser resurfacing at the moment until your active acne is completely cleared up. You could look into smoothbeam or N-lite, which can help with scarring but also with active acne.

It depends what sort of microdermabrasion you have done as to whether it could cause hyperpigmentation. The most invasive form of microdermabrasion you could have is called 'medical microdermabrasion'. This is quite invasive, and usually makes the skin bleed, so it could have a risk of hyperpigmentation, I suppose. If it's done by someone experienced with microderms I don't think it would be likely to do so, though.

I had an invasive microdermabrasion done yesterday - my face is still quite pink today, but some of my red marks have faded considerably. I had it done with Julie Arnold at Bio2 clinic in Leamington Spa - she's very good if you live fairly close to Leamington.

Why are you so worried about hyperpigmentation, though? It is usually more of a risk with darker skin types, but even then if you have the treatment performed by an experienced doctor or aesthetician the risk is very low.

Well, i still have a little active acne but not alot. Really shock.gif, was that under the NHS or did u have to pay? eusa_think.gif. How many dermabrasions have u had then?

Damn, i dont live any where near there eusa_doh.gif. Surely there is another place that does it by me though. I hope that it all looks good for ya wink.gif when it has fully healed.

I just want a normal looking face really as i am going to France soon and hopefully living there for good. So i want it gone before i go there mad.gif. I have really light, pale skin so they show up 10x worse cry.gif. I have been thinking of going on triluma but i dont want it to ruin my skin permanently.

A while back, i burn my self from putting ACV on for all day and night (left it on eusa_doh.gif ), and now that i think that it has healed it has left me with a rather big red patch. Do u know what i can do to get rid of this, could i put triluma on that?

Thanks for the advise,

Tom

Sorry for my late reply to this, Tom smile.gif

In answer to your questions, I haven't had any dermabrasions done - I have had 1 full-face microdermabrasion and another on my cheeks and nose. I'm also having a deeper microdermabrasion done next week.

These weren't under the NHS - I had to pay, around £75 per treatment, but it is fairly good value as Julie combines them with other things such as blackhead extractions and acid peels in the same appointment.

I'm sure there would be somewhere near to you that offers microdermabrasion, although they often vary tremendously regarding the type of machine, type of crystals, and the depth of the procedure. Julie is one of the leading experts on microdermabrasion in the world and has been doing it for 25 years, so her micros are probably among the best in the UK.

From what I've heard, I would avoid triluma and just continue with what you're doing at the moment to fade the red marks. The Intense Gel along with the lactic peels should give some good results if you use them consistently for a couple of months.

Good luck. smile.gif