Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
letskillsomeacne

Question For Dan

I was wondering if you need to rub the BP gel on your face until it is completely dry? or you can just leave it and let it dry by itself when it is still a little damp? It takes me more than an hour every time just to apply the BP gel on my face. And the BP gel seems to leave many white residue after I put the mositure on. And I need to to lightly rub my face to get rid of it. What can I do to get rid of the residue? Thanks so much

I'm not Dan, but can I ask you why it takes an hour to get the gel on? I use a LOT, and it's dry within 15 minutes for me to put on moisturizer. I don't get any residue, so this seems kind of odd. I guess everyone is different, though! Are you using Dan's BP gel?

It takes me almost an hour to apply the BP gel(yes, it's Dan's BP gel) because I get acne almost all over my face, and right now I am using the whole finger amout of BP on each part of my face(nose, chin, cheeks, forehead)

I am still breaking out, but a lot less than before, and my face is not dry anymore as long as I mositure well. (the t-zone gets quiet oily during the day, I use Dove Essential Nutrients SPF 15). But I get a lot of residues especially around the jaw line. I am wondering if it's because of the lotion or too much of BP gel that I am using. I don't think I am apply the BP gel in any wrong way. Well, if you guys have any idea, let me know. Thanks a lot.

I have a feeling that the residue that you are getting is from your moisterizer. I use Dan's BP gel as well and it goes on totally clear. My moisterizer is whitish but dries clear. You might want to think about switching moisterizers.

It has to be the moisterizer, because i used a ton of dans Bp gel and it goes on clear with noresidue at all...im using 10% stuff right now till my order comes in, and that leaves a white residue, but usually my moisterizer takes care of it.

I do get a residue on my jawline. I just rub it off with a little extra force because I don't get acne there, anyway. You're possibly using too much, is it one finger for the whole face, or one finger for each side = 2 fingers total? If it's the latter, you might not need that much. Also if you make sure you wait for your skin to dry properly, it might absorb much better.

eusa_think.gif Quick question!

How do you combine shaving and the "regimen". I am used to using after shave but there is no mention on anything like that in the regimen. Are you not supposed to use after shave at all??? Do I just shave then wash my face and apply BP right after shaving?

Anybody?!

How much BP are you really suppose to use according to Dan's regimen? I now use a bit more than 3 full fingers of BP on all over my face. And I do this one part at a time and it really takes me an hour to just to finish applying the BP on my whole face. Are you only suppose to use one full finger of BP for your whole face? And is more BP gonna help you break out less? Cause I still break out! And 3 fingers full of BP really doesn't rub in all the way and doesn't dry clear, it actually crumbs up with my mositure. Any body got any idea? Thanks

i just got some of dans bp gel and am impressed with it. I have been using other brands of bp gel for a while now - and i always get left with resedue afterwords. Infact i only use it at night because i cant go out with blobs of white on my face.

But i tried it tonight and it is a different kind of texture, and does not leave any blobs. The only problem i think i will have (putting it on at start of day) is that i usually dont get up till about 30 mins before i have to get to work! So might not always have time to do it.

will try though.

It depends on the severity of your acne, I'm assuming.  If I'm using neutrogena on-the-spot, I need to use two fingers full.  It does take me a long while to apply, as well.  doubt.gif And like you, it balls up with my moisturizer and doesn't dry up clear.  It's also very difficult to apply smoothly over your skin, tends to pull and drag your skin no matter how gentle you try to be.

The solution is dan's bp gel!!!  eusa_dance.gif I kid you NOT, this bp gel goes on smooth, translucent, it doesn't ball up. And since the regimen is all about not irritating your skin, the BP Gel allows you to apply it evenly and gently, causing no irritaion = clear skin!  biggrin.gif AND, i only need a finger full of it as opposed to two fingers with on-the-spot.  Also, it doesn't take me forever to apply!  eusa_dance.gif OH! not to mention that you don't need to use as much moisturizer since it's so silky smooth and your skin feels nothing but glorious afterwards!! *sigh*  this is THE bp  wub.gif

Have you tried using Eucerin Renewal lotion? It works really nicely with dan's bp gel. eusa_think.gif

Another option is, when you're done applying your lotion, wait about 2 minutes. Then wash your hands and with your clean fingers gently wipe off any excess lotion/white residue/balled up BP. Softly, and gently!

aside from that, i'm not sure what may be going wrong. I've never had the bp gel not dry clear confused.gif

sorry sweetie, good luck doubt.gif

Have you tried using Eucerin Renewal lotion?  It works really nicely with dan's bp gel.  eusa_think.gif

Another option is, when you're done applying your lotion, wait about 2 minutes.  Then wash your hands and with your clean fingers gently wipe off any excess lotion/white residue/balled up BP.  Softly, and gently!

aside from that, i'm not sure what may be going wrong.  I've never had the bp gel not dry clear  confused.gif

sorry sweetie, good luck  doubt.gif

I've found that when I apply more than a finger and a half, I get the little balls forming on my face. So maybe there's a threshold beyond which balls form and it doesn't dry clear. Three fingers seems like an awful lot.