Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NFSteelers

Questions about Doxycycline and Retin-A Micro

Well, I have been off of accutane for about 6 months now, and my face started breaking out in about October, so I went to my dermatologist today. He prescribed for me Adoxa (doxycycline), triaz..some facial cleaner, and retin-a micro. So I have a couple questions.

My face isn't real bad right now....

1. What should I expect on any of these three drugs...

2. What types of side effects should I encounter

3. Do any of these limit the amount of alcohol intake you can have?

4. Any other important information

Thanks!

hey, i'm on retin a micro, at first it didnt seem like it was helping. but i havent had any major break out since i've been on it. just be patient with it. its definatly not the best, but it'll do i guess. but after a month or so i was on it, my face started to majorly peel, so be aware of that. i still drink alcohol while on it, its just a topical gel, so nothing bad has happened.... good luck

1.  What should I expect on any of these three drugs...It should be good, but you may get an initial outbreak.

2.  What types of side effects should I encounterSkin:red and irritated. Anti: variable.

3.  Do any of these limit the amount of alcohol intake you can have?  They say you shouldn't drink on anti's but you can.

4.  Any other important information

what a coincidence, my derm prescribed nearly the same thing on the same day

1. retin-a micro

2. doxycyclin

3. bp wash

any success stories with this? i'm very curious about why he prescribed bp wash when the retin-a micro site specifically said bp and retina's main ingredient offsets each other. any thoughts?