Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lillois

End of accutane

Q: The regimen worked, and I am clear now. Do I need to keep using the benzoyl peroxide?

A: Yes, benzoyl peroxide will prevent new outbreaks. There is no cure for acne, just ongoing treatment.

Unlike other medicines for acne, accutane can be a cure, or at least a remission. So, yes, your skin should be better. There is an 80% success rate. Also, if your acne returns it is usually much less severe.

Unlike other medicines for acne, accutane can be a cure, or at least a remission. So, yes, your skin should be better. There is an 80% success rate. Also, if your acne returns it is usually much less severe.

it will, the half-life is long, also that 80% success rate is for being clear for more than 1 year but not sure of how many will have complete remission

I've heard several people on here say that it carries on improving for upto 3 months! After that who knows what will happen to your skin, some people can be in remission for up to 10 years, although some peoples acne can come back after a coupla months.

You should definitely not leave your skin alone after accutane cas the risk is not worth it, IMO.

Work with your derm on continued use of BP, retin a sort of creams etc that will help maintain clear skin now that you have earned it , congrats smile.gif

I first time I was on accutane, I was clear for 2 years. After that, I noticed it gradually started creeping back year after year.

I'm now on a very low does for a second time. I do not expect to be "cured". I personally do not believe that accutane is a "cure". It just dries out your pours really good.