Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
schmishy

Is this okay to use?

Okay, I hate to be a pest, but I recently put up a thread about Vitamin E Oil, an dI didn't get much response. (At least about that)

I figured that that was because either no one has used it, or people didn't really know it's purpose. Well, I'm gonna show you guys what the bottle says, and hopefully even if you haven't used it, you can give me some input.

"This unique Vitamin E Oil is specially formulated to sooth and moisturize you skin. Anitoixidant Vitamin E is a free-radical scavenger which helps protect skin cells from oxidation damage.

Ingredients: Soybean Oil, di-ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (vitamin E)"

Okay, my concerns are as follows: First of all, isn't oil what we're supposed to stay away from? I know we're supposed to use an oil free moisturizer. Also, isn't oxidation what bp causes? So, if it protects against oxidation damage, am I defeating the purpose of using bp?

BUT

I'm also thinking: 1)Is that a good oil? Are the oils we're supposed to saty away from just animal oils, and other oils that can help you break out? I was wondering if maybe soybean oil, since it's natural plant oil, would -not- clog pores? And 2) as far as the oxidation goes, I was thinking that maybe it only correct the DAMAGE from oxidation, rather than reversing the entire process. I mean, I know that bp oxidates, but maybe vitamin e would then repair the damage left over (ie dry skin)

I used this before I was on the regimen, and I never dound that it made me break out. It didn't -help- with the breakouts, but it didn't make them worse either. I just loved it because it made my skin REALLY smooth. I was virtually wronkle free, and my skin was really soft. I only put it on at night.

I was thinking if I used it with the regimen, I would only use it once every few nights, just to try to make my skin less alligator-like. I hate how rough my skin is now, and how dry and flaky it is. Perhaps the night I'd use it, I should just use it in the place of my moisturizer?

Any suggestions are really appreicated. If i"m missing something huge, and it looks like my face would explode if I used it, then I don't want to risk it. tongue.gif

LOL! Yes, someone answer the woman!!!! tongue.gif

I'd really love to know before I try since I don't want my face to...you know....like, explode. tongue.gif It worked great when i was using bp in other acne regimens....so I'd think it'd be okay. But, I'm concerned that it has oil in it.....I don't know if that would make me break out or clog my pores.

i take vitamin E religiously, its not a noticeable difference in acne but it is good because it adds moisture and is a really healthy thing to take. biggrin.gif

Okay, I hate to be a pest, but I recently put up a thread about Vitamin E Oil, an dI didn't get much response. (At least about that)

schmishy, i personally nominate you to be our guinee pig, since feedback is few and far between. I have been taking vit. e orally for a long while- good witht he moisture while on tane. but a while ago i was actually puttingt he vit. e. right on the skin- but i read somewhere that the molecules in vit e applied topically are so large they willl clog pores. but if u put it in with one part somethign else (they mentioned some other oil, but im not that fancy, so i didnt bother remembering it) then it thins the mixture and creates some form of equillibrium. is this vit.e oil like, pure vitamin e, u speak of? or is it a different thing. my experienc eis oly witht he little yellowish jel capsules.

also i read some stuff about how topical vitamin e’s �free-radical� healing assertion is only active when taken as a supplement, working inside the body. and cant really do much sitting ont he skin. (but u r right, it makes it soft!)

i can even recal hearing that it can be damaging topically. but i dont remmeber where i heard this last one.

anyway- if u find out anythign in ur rresearching , let me know wink.gif

oh! btw- when i used pure vit. e. topically i never broke out. i only stopped cos i was afraid i might!

I guess I'll have to be the guinea pig, afterall! tongue.gif I guess the only people that really know about it (well, most I mean) take it orally. When i took them orally, I saw no difference at all. Of couirse, this was years ago.

I've only been on the regimen for two weeks now, so I'm gonna wait a bit longer to try it. I want to see if the regimen actually works for me, before I add something else.

I guess til then I'll deal with my scaly skin. If it makes me acne-free, it's worth it. biggrin.gif Then, if I see a good imporovement, maybe I"ll just use it once a week, or once every few days.

And yes, I think it's pure vitamin e oil. It's greenish yellow gel/oil type stuff. It honestly looks like the stuff in the gelcaps, just in a big bottle.