Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Denzine

Couple problems I'm having

Hi everyone,

The first problem I have is that moisturizer doesn't bode well with the BP I'm using. The reason I say this is, when I use tons of Benzoyl Peroxide, my skin doesn't really care. But, afterward I try putting on a moisturizer and it actually burns quite considerably, and my skin doesn't seem to absorb it in, so it just stays there on the top of my skin. Also, apparently some sort of reaction is occuring between the BP and moisurizer because in tangent, they not only burn my skin, they burn a layer clean off. I had my face turn completely red then skin has been peeling off for the past few days. It doesn't look that bad, but it's annoying to wash off the peeling skin so that it doesn't look flaky and bad.

The second problem I have is that the Benzoyl Peroxide tends to leave a white looking coat on my face, and I would really not prefer to go out like that because it looks awful. What I'm doing to cope with this problem is, at night I use benzoyl peroxide, then in the morning I use clindamycin phsphate Gel USP, 1%. This supposedly is good at stopping bacteria by stopping protein synthesis. (It's an antibiotic) I'm also noticing in the morning that washing off the BP doesn't happen when I just splash warm water in my face. Rather, I have to actually use a rag because otherwise I can't get the layers of the stuff off, so I have to wipe it off. Maybe I'm using too much?

While I'm throwing out problems, I've also noticed that there are a number of little black bumps on my nose (mostly), kinda like blackheads but they're so small that it's hard to tell if that's what it is. Any ideas on that one?

Thanks.