Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer & AHA+ now White?

MemberMember
(@genteelpetrel)

Posted : 03/24/2022 10:23 pm

So I've been using the Moisturizer and AHA+ for a while now for a couple of years, and I just got a new bottle and tube of them. I noticed that when I opened it to use it, they're not yellow like I remember them being in the past. The labels say they both still have the 0.1% Licorice root extract that should make it yellow, but it's now white, and barely has the color?

I'll leave pictures of what I'm seeing, the first pic is the old bottle I have, and it's yellow, but this new one is white, which seems oddPXL_20220325_031812450.jpg.70162be7c7254a8c15717f58320e1cbd.jpgPXL_20220325_031908454.jpg.e932d0c3a486892219cd54f6c3484859.jpg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 03/29/2022 6:27 pm

Yes, it's white now. There should have been an insert in your package from me. I switched to a white licorice root extract instead of the super yellow one. It should work the same, or maybe a bit better.

MemberMember
(@genteelpetrel)

Posted : 03/31/2022 11:21 am

thank you for the reply

MemberMember
(@justin87)

Posted : 05/20/2022 6:19 pm

On 3/29/2022 at 4:27 PM, Dan said:

Yes, it's white now. There should have been an insert in your package from me. I switched to a white licorice root extract instead of the super yellow one. It should work the same, or maybe a bit better.

Why does the product page and ingredients still mentionLicochalcone or yellow color. I think the page needs an update!

MemberMember
(@loler30yahoo-com)

Posted : 06/25/2022 3:06 pm

Well guys, that was the worst change you could made. I have used your AHA for about 8 years and it was literally the best product I ever had. The new one is now causing breakouts, so I has to stop use it.

I wrote you THREE times about it, nobody answered at all. Bad, bad service and even worse product development. NEVER change a working product!

StarPower liked
MemberMember
(@mel24)

Posted : 09/16/2022 12:00 pm

Why change a perfect product? I miss the yellow. 🙁

StarPower liked
MemberMember
(@starpower)

Posted : 12/26/2022 3:20 pm

Disaster. Why change it ???? It went from the best moisturizer Id ever used to being changed and having me break out, no more nice glow or anti inflammatory feel that the yellow product had - this feels the complete opposite and now Im stuck with numerous bottles of it .. amazing.

MemberMember
(@kakakakaka)

Posted : 05/01/2023 9:19 pm

I dont understand why they cant just keep the old formula(yellow one) in stock, so we can choose to buy instead of switch to a NEW one without noticing everybody, cant they just keep both options? Pls bring back the yellow one pls, people might like the new formula, thats fine, just produce both, so we could choose! Dan pls listen to our voice, or you will lose $ since people will stop buying the moisturiser! Im a 15 years user of your product, this moisturiser is too thick to absorb, takes 1/2 hour for 2 pumps to sink in, but end up not moisturised enough, then another 1/2 hour for another 2 pumps, I end up spending 1 hours for this new moisturiser! And it is GHOSTING! Making my face look WHITE!OMG!

MemberMember
(@greg-1234)

Posted : 04/26/2024 11:03 am

@dan If you are open to some unsolicited advice, I would recommend keeping all variations of the moisturizers available for sale. I understand the desire for simplicity, but this site and more specifically The Regimen, is more than just a moisturizer to people.

Consider what happened with New Coke. Coke was consistently failing in head to head taste tests with Pepsi in the 1980s and to beat Pepsi they reformulated their product in a way that when tested would beat them every single time. "New Coke" was born and they discontinued the classic formula. While individual taste testing showed New Coke was superior in every way, Americans were furious that Coke would discontinue Coke Classic. The sentiment was very much: Who the heck does Coke think they are that they can discontinue the drink that was served to our troops in World War 2? The decision to discontinue The Quintessential American beverage, people felt, was wrong. After 18 months, Coke reversed the decision after literal protests, and the same formula exists today.

What I'm saying here, Dan, is your products have endured for a long time and have amassed a huge following with almost cult-like status. In some ways, The Regimen belongs to not just you, but to all of us who have relied on your unique products in such a personal way for years.

When Coke announced they were bringing back their old formula or "Coke Classic" their market share went higher than it has ever been.

Perhaps space can open up for "The Acne.Org Moisturizer Classic"

Best,

Greg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 04/26/2024 11:17 am

I'm always listening Greg. I am running a small business and I need to focus on quality and consistency so I can't have lots of product lines all available at the same time.

What I'm always doing is listening to everyone's feedback, such as so many complaints about not liking the yellow color and how it stained shirts and stuff...and I'm also always researching and looking at ingredients that are best for acne. So, I combine everyone's feedback with the latest science and try to keep the products as top notch as possible.

I'm actually changing a few more things very soon. Like the Treatment is going to the next level. It's going to be insanely powerful. So good. And less irritating. And the Moisturizer I'm redoing from the ground up. And some little stuff on the Cleanser and AHA+. I want to always be selling the best stuff on the market. I figure if I'm not, why sell anything.

This post was modified 1 week ago by Dan