Did I cause any dam...

Notifications
Clear all

Did I cause any damage from CO2 laser ??

MemberMember
(@maximhaddad97gmail-com)

Posted : 08/31/2021 1:51 pm

Hi guys

Sorry to bother you with this but I have been very depressed after this event. I've finally graduate from university this summer and thought of having a CO2 laser before I start my graduate job to freshen my skin. I tend to have really oily skin on my nose with plenty of blackheads and pores. I've done a fractional CO2 laser 7 weeks ago, however due to my stupidity and itchiness I picked on the remaining scabs on the 7th day when watching a movie completely forgetting about the scabs! My problem is when the remaining scabs came off I've noticed those areas are really red, however it didn't bleed or anything so I thought it should be fine. I previously done a co2 laser and also picked a scab which started to bleed, however that healed fine. but this last one seems to be pretty bad, its now 7 weeks post co2 laser, I've been having terrible skin texture (bumps, fissure like skin and depressed lines), redness in the regions where I accidentally removed the scabs and I am worried if I caused new scars or permanently damaged my skin, my doctor said I shouldn't have picked my skin when I saw him 2 weeks after however, he said I didn't do any permanent damage. On the 6th week he prescribed me Differin 0.1% and by the 10th week he wants me to see him to see if there are any improvement. If not he said, he'll do IPL laser to clear the redness. However, I am more worried about the texture of the skin and if I've made any new scars. Please see the attached photos and let me know what you think. Please ignore the highlighted bit if you think that's a scar, because that's a scar that I had from a previous injury :)

Thank you in advance

nose1.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 16.52.25.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 16.52.26.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 16.52.27 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 16.52.27.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 16.52.28.jpeg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 09/03/2021 10:58 am

Don't be too hard on yourself. It's totally natural to forget a scab is there and knock it off by scratching or whatever. It sounds like you are in good hands from what your doc is saying though, at least from what I can tell.

If you want to do Everything you possibly can, take some fish oil pills every day for a while. They help with healing. I take 5 or 6 every day. But there's some evidence that people heal faster with omega-3s.

Keep us posted.