Notifications
Clear all

Please help to advise on my chest acne

MemberMember
(@jbuzzerbeehotmail-com)

Posted : 06/15/2021 10:48 am

Hi, i™ve been getting chest acne breakouts on my chest. Have tried benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acne wash but they don™t seem to be working.

I™ve seen a doctor and I was diagnosed with Folliculitis. I was prescribed with antibiotics (doxycycline) and gentamicin topical cream), however I don™t really see an improvement (have been taking these for about a month) Please help to advise on my condition¦

7ECF051B-1906-42DB-8EA3-6E68E788049D.jpeg

027F641F-C228-4D15-AF72-D660625D5082.jpeg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 06/16/2021 4:48 pm

I'm not sure if that is acne. Folliculitis is a different condition.Here's a way to know what might be up. Almost no one has acne on their body and none on their face. Have acne on your face?

If it's not acne, then you'll want to stick with the treatment that's right for whatever you have. Google around and learn more about folliculitis and its treatments as well. You always need to be your own advocate when it comes to stuff like this, so learn everything you can about your condition.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/17/2021 1:11 am

I took Doxycycline for cysts and those didn't do anything. I saw another doctor who prescribed Accutane and the cysts went away.

I don't know about the chest so that's for a medical professional.

Accutane really did clear things up as those cysts were persistent for nearly a year.

MemberMember
(@jbuzzerbeehotmail-com)

Posted : 06/18/2021 1:58 am

On 6/17/2021 at 5:48 AM, Dan said:

Yeah not sure if that is acne. Folliculitis is a different condition.Here's a way to know what might be up. Almost no one has acne on their body and none on their face. Have acne on your face?

If it's not acne, then you'll want to stick with the treatment that's right for whatever you have. Google around and learn more about folliculitis and its treatments as well. You always need to be your own advocate when it comes to stuff like this, so learn everything you can about your condition.

Thanks for your reply! I used to have acne on my face when I was a teenager. For now, Ill get like 1/2 pimples on my face once in a while but I wouldnt call them as acne, I guess its a no.

I have very fine chest hair which is almost unnoticeable, guess it really could be folliculitis. Its just kinda disappointing that the doxycycline antibiotics arent really doing anything to clear them up.

On 6/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, Amanda Hall said:

I took Doxycycline for cysts and those didn't do anything. I saw another doctor who prescribed Accutane and the cysts went away.

I don't know about the chest so that's for a medical professional.

Accutane really did clear things up as those cysts were persistent for nearly a year.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Ill ask the doctor if he could prescribe Accutane instead :3

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/19/2021 11:29 am

On 6/17/2021 at 11:58 PM, Affectionateway4347 said:

Thanks for your reply! I used to have acne on my face when I was a teenager. For now, Ill get like 1/2 pimples on my face once in a while but I wouldnt call them as acne, I guess its a no.

I have very fine chest hair which is almost unnoticeable, guess it really could be folliculitis. Its just kinda disappointing that the doxycycline antibiotics arent really doing anything to clear them up.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Ill ask the doctor if he could prescribe Accutane instead :3

Do your research on Accutane before seeing a professional. One of the biggest side-effects is depression. Maybe it only affected a small number of people but it's a risk to think about. I experienced none of it. Instead of depression, I felt jubilation after months of taking it. Hated my cysts and I was so happy to not have them anymore.

I'm not sure if you are male or female but there are more risks for female patients. Read up on this.

After research, you can talk to your doctor more confidently about this drug.