Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i just developed a painless, flesh colored cyst on my cheek yesterday, it looks almost like a mosquito bite but does not itch. could it be caused by an ingrown hair or the hair follicle irritating the sebaceous gland?

should i try to get a cortisone injection?

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

hi my friend had one of those on her forehead lasted for ages cuz she never did anything about it and it got bigger! she had cortisone injection in the end i think u'd better go see someone about it don't try doin anythin yourself

Not sure exactly what you're talking about... But if it is flesh colored and doesn't seem to itch or anything then it is likely not a cyst because those are inflamed by definition. It is probably just sebum trapped under your skin. I used to have a lot of these and as long as you leave them alone then it will just stay that way, forever and not get any worse or anything. But if you mess with it, it could rupture under the skin and become infected and turn into a really nasty pustule. When I started Retin-A the medicine almost immediately caused these little bumps on my face to start moving upwards and out of my pores which (of course) caused them to become infected and filled with pus. The only thing that ever got rid of those pesky bastards was terminating them with extreme prejudice and afterwards using antibiotic cream to ensure they didn't get infected again...

I have the same type of thing just under my left eye. It started out small and has taken about 3 years to grow to the size of a small pea. I have NO pain, but my doctor says it is definately a cyst and that I should see a dermatologist to have it surgically removed. Supposably not painful, but needs to be done by a good professional to reduce scarring.