Regimen changes due...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen changes due to PPE/masks

MemberMember
(@94ess12)

Posted : 10/26/2020 10:17 pm

Hello, I am a former acne.org regimen user who got totally clear skin about 7 years ago after using the program. I then, unfortunately, fell off the wagon and all of my acne has come back worse than before. I am giving the regimen another try and hopefully it will work as well as it did for me so many years ago. I had one question about how the regimen should be used with regards to wearing masks and other PPE in our current Covid times and I'd greatly appreciate any help!

I'm an ICU nurse in New York, and needless to say we have had countlessCovid-positive patients over the past several months. I have been wearing an N95 mask covered by a surgical mask, as well as a face shield, every day at work since March, and my acne has gotten so incredibly worse due to all of the friction and humidity on my face (and this is why I'm restarting the regimen!). My question is: should I go through the regimen and apply benzoyl peroxide and moisturizer in the morning before work and then put my masks and face shieldon top of that, or is it better to have a clean face without any products under all of that gear? I try to wash my face on my lunch break if I get a chance to take my PPE off, but I wouldn't be able to reapply the products then - is this even a good idea, or should I just wait until my shift is over to wash my face and do the entire regimen all at once?

Thank you so much in advance for any advice!!

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 11/07/2020 9:16 am

On 10/27/2020 at 11:17 AM, 94ess12 said:

Hello, I am a former acne.org regimen user who got totally clear skin about 7 years ago after using the program. I then, unfortunately, fell off the wagon and all of my acne has come back worse than before. I am giving the regimen another try and hopefully it will work as well as it did for me so many years ago. I had one question about how the regimen should be used with regards to wearing masks and other PPE in our current Covid times and I'd greatly appreciate any help!

I'm an ICU nurse in New York, and needless to say we have had countlessCovid-positive patients over the past several months. I have been wearing an N95 mask covered by a surgical mask, as well as a face shield, every day at work since March, and my acne has gotten so incredibly worse due to all of the friction and humidity on my face (and this is why I'm restarting the regimen!). My question is: should I go through the regimen and apply benzoyl peroxide and moisturizer in the morning before work and then put my masks and face shieldon top of that, or is it better to have a clean face without any products under all of that gear? I try to wash my face on my lunch break if I get a chance to take my PPE off, but I wouldn't be able to reapply the products then - is this even a good idea, or should I just wait until my shift is over to wash my face and do the entire regimen all at once?

Thank you so much in advance for any advice!!

Hi 94ess12,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. I would suggest that you apply the Acne.org Regimen products a few minutes before you put on your mask and then use them again after your shift when you no longer need to use your mask.