Notifications
Clear all

Small lumps under skin on chest - What are they? Can you please help?

MemberMember
(@emmasheridan)

Posted : 09/01/2020 10:07 am

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about these spots/lumps I have on my chest?
I have had them for a few years now and I have no idea what they are.
They are under the skin, but stick out. They feel like small lumps under the skin, they are not painful at all. I also have some around my armpits. 

If anyone has an idea what they may be, your help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much.

thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg.7533f35f334a1dacb9cca9a7f2c78d19.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender-3.thumb.jpg.33af51e724487d079a7fb345e796848a.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender-2.thumb.jpg.5d19b32bb31cf738a41467fb33912e6b.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender-1.thumb.jpg.8efb546e661a27397eb4ebec9addd8e5.jpg

MemberMember
(@elainea)

Posted : 09/01/2020 10:40 am

The raised bumps look like papules. There are several possible causes. Hyperplasia orsebaceous cyst is one - that's just a blocked oilgland. Microscopic demodex skin mites can also cause these. Papules are common in Rosacea Sub Type 2 with pustules and papules. Demodex skin mites eat oil - one type lives in the pores the other lives in the oil glands. Everyone has at least a few of these skin mites. They are not a problem until they get overpopulated and start clogging up pores and glands. A healthy immune system keeps the mite population down. If your immune system is suppressed due to illness, stress, fatigue etc., the mites can start to get overpopulated. The mites may live anywhere on the human body except the soles and palms of the feet and hands where there are no oil glands. Demodex are a common cause of facial, scalp and body "acne". Blackheads are also a symptom of demodex.

A dermatologist could test for demodex to determine if that is the cause. A 2 week oral anti-parasitic prescription treatmentusing Oral Ivermectin and Oral Metronidazole isvery effective against demodex. Topical treatments using the expensive Soolantra prescription cream containing Ivermectin isalso available. Some prefer the cheaper $5 tube's of 1.87% Ivermectin Horse Paste available on Amazon. If the cause is not demodex other treatment options may include using Differin gel (retinoid) now available over the counter for about $10 per tube. Differin treatment might take about 6 months to see results.