Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Posted (edited)

Hi, 

Can I ask you a question? I am looking for a moisturizer that doesn't break me out. I have highly sensitive, rosacea and acne prone skin that reacts to most moisturizers..even to Toleriane by LaRoche. So far I've used Mario Badescu's moisturizer's cream SPF 30, but the problem is it's very shiny and this makes my scars look worse. So I'm looking for something with mattifying nourishing effect but in the end ill take anything that doesn't break me out. 

I was wondering if Cerave or Cetaphil are good and which one is better? Or if you can recommend something else

Has any of these broken you out? Which one is better, which one should I buy? 

Edited by BlueMaloney

i am an acne prone oily skin individual and i use the CeraVe lightweight moisturizer for the day and CeraVe daily moisturizing lotion for pm. I like the Lightweight moisturizer most but it comes in a way smaller amount then the other one i spoke of. I also had a good experience with the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel. 

15 hours ago, RNIC2 said:

i am an acne prone oily skin individual and i use the CeraVe lightweight moisturizer for the day and CeraVe daily moisturizing lotion for pm. I like the Lightweight moisturizer most but it comes in a way smaller amount then the other one i spoke of. I also had a good experience with the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel. 

Thanks for the tip

I used to use the cetaphil moisturizer but have switched to the cerave b/c it seems like its thicker.  Both don't break me out. 

CeraVe AM Moisturizing Lotion has been my go-to for a year. Doesn’t make me shiny and has good stuff like niacinamide and SPF 30.

On 6/17/2020 at 8:57 AM, dodgerguy said:

CeraVe AM Moisturizing Lotion has been my go-to for a year. Doesn’t make me shiny and has good stuff like niacinamide and SPF 30.

Thanks so much!

On 9/6/2020 at 5:36 PM, Potpourri said:

I use cerave b/c, I have no problems with it so far.

Thanks! I ended up buying Cerave moisturizer cream without spf. Have you tried Cerave Retinol Serum? It's supposed to be very good with Retinol and Niacinamide.

Cerave is a moisturizing cream containing ceramide. It has the function of repairing the skin barrier.

According to your description, your skin is highly sensitive, prone to acne, and rosacea. Your skin barrier is very fragile, it is best to use skin care products that contain repairing ingredients. At the same time, do not use sunscreen, use sunscreen umbrellas, sunhats, and sunscreen clothing for sun protection.

It is best not to use retinol and niacinamide products. This will irritate your skin and hinder the repair of your skin barrier.

After the skin barrier is repaired, retinol and niacinamide are used.

1 hour ago, LUO Ge said:

Cerave is a moisturizing cream containing ceramide. It has the function of repairing the skin barrier.

According to your description, your skin is highly sensitive, prone to acne, and rosacea. Your skin barrier is very fragile, it is best to use skin care products that contain repairing ingredients. At the same time, do not use sunscreen, use sunscreen umbrellas, sunhats, and sunscreen clothing for sun protection.

It is best not to use retinol and niacinamide products. This will irritate your skin and hinder the repair of your skin barrier.

After the skin barrier is repaired, retinol and niacinamide are used.

Thanks for your reply. I've been using Cerave Moisturizer for 2 months now and my skin feels a lot better. It really is highly sensitive and acne and posacea prone, though. I recently bought mineral foundation from Jane Iredale and it was just like any other foundations that break me out. It's terrible. I can olny use the BB cream. All foundations seem to break me out. 

How much time do u think I should wait before using retinol and niacinamide? Is niacinamide really irritating? I've read that it is a serum that is supposed to calm the skin down and wanted to buy it but bc of the covid situation I can't find it in most stores. 

Edited by BlueMaloney