I think my skin was...

Notifications
Clear all

I think my skin was better before Acne.org

MemberMember
(@lexistarlight)

Posted : 06/01/2020 7:12 pm

Hi, I™ve been using the acne.org regime for probably 5 months now?? I started in I believe the beginning of February. I began with all of the regimen: cleanser, BP and lotion. Probably 3 months in, I stopped using the lotion because I ran out and didn™t really like it; I found it didn™t hydrate my skin as much as it needed to. I was suffering with extremely flaky skin a long time after the expected time and it didn™t stop until I purchased the glycolic acid. I used to have very oily skin, but ever since I™ve started the regimen, I™ve had normal to dry skin. Since I have gotten the glycolic acid and started using a new moisturizer (Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion), my skin has been oily once I put it on, but is still dry when I wash my face.

Anyways, here™s my problem. I have found that my skin was better before I started using the regimen. Before I started, I used a proactive BP scrub everyday, I can™t remember if I used it in the morning but definitely every night. It didn™t save my skin, but it kept it somewhat clear and exfoliated. It never felt clogged or dirty like it does on acne.org because it™s always flaking. 

I do believe it™s very possible the reason my skin is getting worse is because I have been a lot more stressed from January - June than I was in the fall. My mom also had acne all through her teen years and into adulthood and it was hormonal, so I assume mine is as well. For reference I am still a teenager. It just feels that I have been trying to stick to the regimen so well, but it just doesn™t work and leaves my skin feeling gross and dry or extremely oily and sweaty because of the moisturizer. This is the only moisturizer that I™ve used on the regimen that has kept my skin from being extremely dry. 

Overall, I™m just slightly upset that I™m not seeing consistent results from the regimen like my friend who used it has or almost everyone who has used it. I™ve included some pictures to see the differences in months.

I™m not sure what order the photos go in but the one in a light blue shirt is from October, darker blue/grey shirt is from April which was the best my skin looked on the regimen and ones in the white jacket are from today, June 1st. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention I scar very dark and I can™t really tell if I have lots of scars or pimples.

508FA783-3189-463C-B800-FB5739D28E75.jpeg

2516B7A4-6D3E-49D5-8B93-122B1F1D9BCF.jpeg

C8F0D99B-6EF6-4D32-A5D1-299422BB0CE2.jpeg

841C6C53-2E42-4066-9D90-87A4FCE08EED.jpeg

1E61B957-E41F-42E2-9D8A-0BF347A25A98.jpeg

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 06/03/2020 12:56 pm

Hi lexistarlight,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. Kindly send us a message at support@acne.org so we may assist you further with The Regimen.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

MemberMember
(@gutskinaxis)

Posted : 06/03/2020 9:34 pm

Benzoyl peroxide alone can only do so much

Often the reason we have persistent, inflammatory acne is because of an internal reaction

I believe that certain foods exacerbate this reaction