Regimen Causing Bre...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen Causing Breakouts (Day 5)

MemberMember
(@snowflakemama)

Posted : 02/10/2020 8:39 pm

I just finished day 5 of the acne.org regimen. I™ve been following all the steps religiously, including small amount of BP once a week and two pumps of moisturizer. I™m using Cetaphil gentle cleanser, Acne.org BP and Cetaphil moisturizer. So far I™ve had no flaking or itching from the BP (probably because I™m starting small like I™m supposed to). However, my face is breaking out like crazy! Am I doing something wrong? Am I using too much lotion and not enough BP? I know I™m only 5 days in and I™m DETERMINED to give it a full 8+ weeks, but it would be nice to get some opinions on what™s going on. Thanks!

6FBB481B-3C30-40CD-A297-AB36C5AE9D7B.jpeg

MemberMember
(@tristabass89)

Posted : 02/20/2020 7:20 am

Its so normal to break out when you first start using BP, even for months into it. Only using BP once a week (I don't know if this was a typo) wont do anything for you....its supposed to be used daily. My acne was much worse than yours and it took me about 6 months to get completely clear. If you stick with it, it will work. Give it more than 2 months. That's not enough time for the severity of your acne.

MemberMember
(@snowflakemama)

Posted : 02/20/2020 7:29 pm

Thanks for the reply and the encouragement to stick with it! Once a week was a total typo (mom brain!). I meant once a day (during the first week). Im trying to follow the regimen exactly. I just finish week two and the initial break out calmed down a little.

MemberMember
(@bryan-trejos)

Posted : 04/21/2020 2:05 pm

Como te va ahora senorita?, Mejoraste?