Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SnowflakeMama

Regimen Causing Breakouts (Day 5)

I just finished day 5 of the acne.org regimen. I’ve been following all the steps religiously, including small amount of BP once a week and two pumps of moisturizer. I’m using Cetaphil gentle cleanser, Acne.org BP and Cetaphil moisturizer. So far I’ve had no flaking or itching from the BP (probably because I’m starting small like I’m supposed to). However, my face is breaking out like crazy! Am I doing something wrong? Am I using too much lotion and not enough BP? I know I’m only 5 days in and I’m DETERMINED to give it a full 8+ weeks, but it would be nice to get some opinions on what’s going on. Thanks!

6FBB481B-3C30-40CD-A297-AB36C5AE9D7B.jpeg

Its so normal to break out when you first start using BP, even for months into it. Only using BP once a week (I don't know if this was a typo) wont do anything for you....its supposed to be used daily. My acne was much worse than yours and it took me about 6 months to get completely clear. If you stick with it, it will work. Give it more than 2 months. That's not enough time for the severity of your acne. 

Thanks for the reply and the encouragement to stick with it! Once a week was a total typo (mom brain!). I meant once a day (during the first week). I’m trying to follow the regimen exactly. I just finish week two and the initial break out calmed down a little.