Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
awills

One week in, very flakey face

Hi everyone. Only one week in to the regimen but my skin is extremely flakey and sore. It’s winter in England and very cold outside too. I apply the regimen moisturiser liberally but it isn’t enough, is there anything else I can use? 

If I use jojoba oil, does it have to be the acne.org product? Or is there a similar product I can use which is more accessible in the UK? 

If you are currently experiencing acne, yes you have to make sure the products youre using (like the jojoba oil you mentioned) are only from the acne.org. It is safer that way and usually overtime the dryness decreases as your acne gets better. To prevent dryness, they said that around 3 drops minimum of jojoba oil mixed in their moisturizer should help balance out the PH balance of your skin. Where I am at, it is winter too lol.

For BP, depending on far you are with your regimen and how much you should be using now than the first time, you have to use the regimen altogether at least two times a day to achieve clear skin. When I was breaking out, I start out with two times a day and due to excessive dryness and I didn't have the jojoba oil myself to help with the dryness I was experiencing, I was down to use the regimen once a day. Still worked out in the end for me and that is how I decide to keep my skin balanced.

Edited by Heyyjml

On 12/5/2019 at 6:12 AM, awills said:

Hi everyone. Only one week in to the regimen but my skin is extremely flakey and sore. It’s winter in England and very cold outside too. I apply the regimen moisturiser liberally but it isn’t enough, is there anything else I can use? 

Many years ago, before Acne.org made a moisturizer, everyone on the Acne.org regimen was using a moisturizer that ended up getting discontinued in the US. What I recommend is the British/Canadian equivalent of that moisturizer, still being manufactured, called Eucerin Repair Face Cream (5% Urea).

On 12/5/2019 at 6:12 AM, awills said:

If I use jojoba oil, does it have to be the acne.org product? Or is there a similar product I can use which is more accessible in the UK? 

No, although I don't think jojoba oil is necessary. What you want for dry skin are humectants. The humectants in the product I mentioned are said to be 1.5x more moisturizing than most other ones. Might make your skin sting/turn a bit red but is superior in terms of moisturizing.