Flaky skin when on ...

Notifications
Clear all

Flaky skin when on the acne.org regimen

MemberMember
(@madrigal720gmail-com)

Posted : 10/06/2019 6:29 pm

Hey guys and gals, I think ive been on the acne.org regimen for over a month. I use all the 3 main products only. Since day one of the regimen my skin has been flaking off. Its like I have dandruff on my face. Even the area under my eyebrows gets flaky. I a suspicion its the soap (first product).I have to apply the moisture cream like 4 times to get a handle on it but even then my skin looks scaly if I look close in the mirror. I used to be on Tiege Hanley's acne program (about one year) and I didnt see results on my acne at all. That program did not cause any sort of issues other than not working for my acne.This program has beenhelping reduce an acne scar on my nose that used to be pretty big (kind of still is) but its shrinking. What is causing my skin to flake bad with this program?

When I wash my face and let it dry I can feel my face stretching and if I touch it its really dry. When I add the BP my skin stings sometimes. Adding the moisturizer stings too. I still get acne sometimes. I notice whenever I eat greasy foods I tend to get papules and pustules. Other than that its white heads on my nose mainly.Do sugars and oily foods cause acne? I need to do more research around here but ive been busy.

MemberMember
(@tristabass89)

Posted : 10/17/2019 2:25 pm

Its normal to be dry and scaly on the regimen for months. Its the BP. It will get better in time. Use jojoba oil.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 10/18/2019 2:40 pm

HiTristaBass89,

It sounds like youre going through a rough time. But you are on the right track. First of all, make absolutely sure that you are using only Acne.org products on the Acne.org Regimen. Until you get completely clear (which you will) you shouldnt use any other products at all in addition to Acne.org three step system. Also make sure your using the right amount and following the product instructions carefully.

As far as dryness goes, thats absolutely expected during the first few weeks, but it will subside. Give that a little time as well. Make sure youre using the full 2 pumps of Acne.org Moisturizer, and more if required. You can also add in 5-6 drops of Acne.org Organic Jojoba Oil each time you use the moisturizer to help with dryness.