Jojoba Oil....Can y...

Notifications
Clear all

Jojoba Oil....Can you use too much?

MemberMember
(@tristabass89)

Posted : 10/04/2019 12:16 pm

I have been on the regimen for almost 8 years, but over the past few years I have been slacking with being gentle/taking time and have recently started breaking out a little bit. I used to live in Colorado, so super dry. Now, I live in Georgia where it is super humid. Since changing my routine and getting back into the swing of things (well, mostly) with the regimen, my face has dried out like crazy. Because of this, I decided to start incorporating jojoba oil in the morning and at night with my moisturizer like I used to do when I lived in Colorado. As much as it is helping, I am still getting super dry every few days as I increase the amount of BP I am using. I am using 6 drops in my morning moisturizer and 10 drops in my nighttime moisturizer, including the use of AHA at night only. Has anyone experimented with using even more jojoba than the 10 drops? Its too much to use during the day because I already look moist with the 6 drops, but at night I am home and don't really care what I look like. I just want to know if you can actually use too much and if people have used a ton, did it help much with putting the moisture back in your skin?

Thanks!

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 10/18/2019 2:37 pm

HiTristaBass89,

Using excessive amounts of Jojoba Oil will make your skin very oily but it will help balance the oil production on your skin. If you think using more does help soothe your skin, then go right ahead and use the Jojoba Oil. However I would suggest that you use the Acne.org Moisturizer instead as often as needed to help with the dryness.