Is it okay to use A...

Notifications
Clear all

Is it okay to use AHA

MemberMember
(@desiree-mcbride)

Posted : 10/04/2019 11:27 am

Hi guys,

So I was using otc Differin facial cleanser which has 5% bp and the zapzyt gel acne treatment which has 10% bp. I received my first shipment of acne.org products today and will be using it only from now on. I™m wondering if it™s okay for me to use the aha now since my skin is already used to a high dosage of bp??? Please help!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@tristabass89)

Posted : 10/04/2019 11:56 am

Were you using the 10% gel all over your face or was it just used as a spot treatment?

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 10/18/2019 2:42 pm

HIdesiree.mcbride,

If you are one month into The Regimen 3 step system, your skin should be able to adjust to the glycolic acid after a few applications. However, if you are only a few days into The Regimen, we would advise that you wait until 4 weeks into the Treatment before you start using the AHA+.

If your skin could not tolerate the AHA+, you may start off by mixing 50% of the AHA+ and 50% Acne.org Moisturizer and apply the mixture every night. You can try this for a while and then switch back to using AHA+ full strength every 3 nights or so and see how that goes.

You may also start with a small amount of AHA+ and apply it every 2-3 nights and gradually ramp up the volume until your skin is well adjusted to the product.