Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
desiree.mcbride

Is it okay to use AHA

Hi guys,

So I was using otc Differin facial cleanser which has 5% bp and the zapzyt gel acne treatment which has 10% bp. I received my first shipment of acne.org products today and will be using it only from now on. I’m wondering if it’s okay for me to use the aha now since my skin is already used to a high dosage of bp??? Please help!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

HI desiree.mcbride, 

If you are one month into The Acne.org Regimen 3 step system, your skin should be able to adjust to the glycolic acid after a few applications. However, if you are only a few days into The Acne.org Regimen, we would advise that you wait until 4 weeks into the Treatment before you start using the AHA+.

If your skin could not tolerate the AHA+, you may start off by mixing 50% of the AHA+ and 50% Acne.org Moisturizer and apply the mixture every night. You can try this for a while and then switch back to using AHA+ full strength every 3 nights or so and see how that goes.

You may also start with a small amount of AHA+ and apply it every 2-3 nights and gradually ramp up the volume until your skin is well adjusted to the product.