Notifications
Clear all

Burning/Stinging Eyes When Applying Benzoyl Peroxide

MemberMember
(@missanamarie)

Posted : 09/30/2019 10:18 am

Hello,
I pray that you all are feeling well today!

I love Acne.org and have been using The Regimen since July 2018. However, I have one issue...

When I apply Acne.orgs benzoyl peroxide, the fumes ALWAYS burn my eyes (I am diligent about not applying it too close to my eyes). The burning only persists for about 1-2 minutes (until the BP dries down), but it's still a nuisance to have burning/stinging/watery eyes during each application.

Should I be concerned about my (eye) health? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you for your time,

Ana 

tumblr_inline_or5dlkJimc1rwjgux_400.gif.d8452ae525f3862194d076579dc7c531.gif

MemberMember
(@lloyduk)

Posted : 03/10/2021 4:47 pm

Not sure how old this short thread is, BUT I signed up to reply because OMG yes, and badly!

Didn't happen initially, but now it's BAD every time.

I'm a man, engineer in my 40's, and I'll put up with anything!! So for me to sign up to comment, means that the problem is very significant....

Have just laid on sofa, as usual, eyes burning, kept closed, waiting for at least half hour this time for it to die down.... It wasn't like this at the beginning. I've been using Acnecide for a few weeks, and then switched to Acne.org a few weeks ago.

Switching back to Acnecide stops the problem too. So definitely not the active ingredient that's the problem, it's whatever fumes and vents in the acne.org preparation.

I'm blind for at least 15 minutes after application and go to work looking like I've been badly crying.In the evening it's the same, but at least I don't have to drive or go out after!

It is all fumes, not cream on the delicate membranes or anything like that. It's also sometimes INTENSE and other times less so.

My eyes feel like they have grit in, and are now scratched. That's the feeling which lingers between applications too.

I am wondering if it is separation in the bottle, it seems less bad if I shake the bottle before use. Am also wondering if i should leave the lid off for a day or overnight and let the formula vent off whichever chemicals are causing the fumes.

So yes, FUMES, yes! Clears acne? Yes and yes too! I'm going to keep using it because:

1/ It is working!

2/ I bought two huge bottles!

Would love a mod / staff member to pop up and say "we are aware and it's 'this' and do 'that' to fix".

Ta