Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
De Rerum Natura

Why plasma pen is not being mentioned here?

- Cheaper than a dermapen

- Easy to perform on yourself

- Works on every type of scar

- It literally zap the skin off bringing skin tightening

- Downtime of around 7 days

I bought a Plasma pen on Ebay for literally 7 dollars and the results im having from it on my stretchmarks and few enlarged pores are amazing. I really recommend this forum to start using it and B.A to give an honest opinion regarding it.

example how its performed on scars

@De Rerum Natura Thank you for asking my opinion. I am all for your guys having some DIY or magic treatment to make things better without the BS of a DR. I get it. 

Sadly no such cure exist . There is a flooding of the Chinese with cheap beauty products marketed to do things falsely. For $10 we are getting the equivalent here of a portable soldering iron, ... you know the type for wires and circuit boards. 

Beauty trends are so funny, ... not long ago everyone was all about Microdermabrasion. I think this is a fad.

They do treatment around the eyes mainly and pro-port they tighten them up, in a spa like setting. The biggest Dr's use laser around the eyes to do this. 

Dr Emil does have a professional version of this, because "everyone was asking for it."It does nothing for scars. He still uses lasers on textural scars. Dr Lim will not own one, as it's worthless, much stronger treatments (laser). Med Spa's are the one's who use these as they can't use professional equipment.

Sadly I have seen the cost for some of these treatments and your better off doing laser with a Dr than spending the same cost for nothing.

Stretch marks are a thinning of the collagen and a dermal stretching of the fibers. Extremely hard to heal. I don't possibly see how this can fix them. RF needling and laser is used for that with only a small % of improvement. Even at home microneedling does not do much for this condition. 

Frankly...

Because it does NOTHING for scars. Nothing. We have had a similar technology forever electrodesication - hyfecator. The plasma pens they market with a bunch of BS for $10, you get what you pay for.  

No safety, no testing, just hype on social media. 

The only thing they really work for is moles in that low power "burning them off" (crappy made under powered plasma pens which are just really electro surgery). Your burning your skin. 

In the ""wrong hands,"" ... hyperpigmentation (terrible for ethnic patients) can also occur from it. These items are under - powdered items (top dr's have 10x the power with any plasma powered device (just like at home led devices are worthless - but higher powered in a professional setting). 20x the power with a laser. 

Your literally burning the skin. In a sensitive poor healing acne scar patients .... that equals permanent new scars or pitting.

There are no official split blind studies showing that plasma needling does anything to scars. 

Thats exactly what it is. a portatile electrosurgery device, i bought to remove some moles i had and i tested in some stretch marks using that pin point method and ofc it wont fix them but i found improvement using it. I agree that if u want to spend money in treatments u should not look for it as lasers are far superior and lasers are not even the best devices for scars imo. 

But for product that u can use at home, i do recommend like i would recommend dermapen

On 7/29/2019 at 9:30 PM, De Rerum Natura said:

Thats exactly what it is. a portatile electrosurgery device, i bought to remove some moles i had and i tested in some stretch marks using that pin point method and ofc it wont fix them but i found improvement using it. I agree that if u want to spend money in treatments u should not look for it as lasers are far superior and lasers are not even the best devices for scars imo. 

But for product that u can use at home, i do recommend like i would recommend dermapen

you removed flat moles from it or raised moles ???

can it remove raised moles....and do it leave scar in that place ??

does it improve acne scar ????(boxcar rolling ice picks...scarred pores )

waiting for ur answer

@Anish004 I want to seriously warn posters. This should be a Dr treatment and not discussed on a acne forum to do yourself.

What do you think a mole is, it's abnormal tissue  growth, so it's cut off, out, or shaved by a Dr who can send them to pathology and look for cancer. Do this and you may not know you have skin cancer.

It leaves a scar of course, ... it's a electric way of cutting off your mole. There is no magic, no voodoo. 

Do it wrong - often the case and it can leave more scars (dent or damage the tissue).

If you want to try it be my guest but your often are upset about small scars, dents, etc... on this forum and this will just make more.