Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DisillusionedMice

Redness won't go away after epiduo

Posted (edited)

So november 2018 I got prescribed epiduo because of acne. In march, my face was practically clear so the derm told me to stick with it. But since I started this treatment my face is red everywhere but around my mouth (where I didn't use epiduo basically). I asked the pharmacist about it and he told me to stop using it every night and to decrease using until my face got better. That's what I did and it helped a little bit but my face was still red and not the same colour than my mouth/the rest of my body like before epiduo. After that I just stopped using the medication in may because I wanted my face to heal more. Now in july my face is still red and I have some pimples again. I don't want to use epiduo again but I'm scared to go to the dermatologist and to ask him to give me something else because I stopped the medication by myself. Also my acne is not as bad as before, maybe he could refuse to gives me a new medication idk?? Can I refuse to keep using epiduo and ask for something else for the redness?

Btw I use sunscreen every day so it can't be that!! I moisturize too it really seems to be epiduo the problem :/

Edited by DisillusionedMice