Notifications
Clear all

Im worried my long distance relationship will fall apart due to my cystic acne? Sounds stupid but yeah

MemberMember
(@the-big-friendly-boy)

Posted : 06/12/2019 7:47 pm

My girlfriend is coming down for the summer. Me and her met a while ago when I had pretty much cleared up my acne, but now it's come back with a vengeance and I'm worried she will view me differently and not want to be with me anymore. Is that irrational? Do people really care about acne. I don't know but I don't want to lose her over something I can't control

MemberMember
(@jazzypunctuation)

Posted : 06/13/2019 8:13 am

I can imagine how tough it is being long distance and wondering how our partners will view us after such a long time of not meeting - especially when there's a change in our physical appearance and it knocks back our confidence. *sends hug*.

But I don't think you need to worry. Ask yourself: what brought you together in the first place? I.e. was it the conversational chemistry? Comfort of being with each other? Emotional support and care?These intimate aspects will not change just because you are going through a rough skin phase. It's like you wouldn't stop caring about your friend just because they got acne.

And, if your girlfriend does judge you based on your appearance, I would question whether the relationship is as strong and full of chemistry as it seemed.

So the bottom line is, don't worry and enjoy the reunion with her 🙂

In the meantime, if you really want to fix your skin, think about what might be causing it and how serious it is? If it's quite severe you have the option to see a dermatologist. If you're stressed, not sleeping well or eating well, it could be lifestyle. In anycase, you have plenty of options to improve your skin.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 07/10/2019 2:08 am

Girls really aren't bothered by these things - just check out the other thread on this in the forum. Most people posting there seem to see it as a plus in a guy! I have a male friend with bad cystic andI never notice it. I only notice when his mood changes as a result of it. As long as you are the same person and you don't let it affect your confidence then it won't have any effect!