Notifications
Clear all

Folliculitis or acne?? Yeast, candida, fungal?

MemberMember
(@jordymom)

Posted : 06/12/2019 2:06 am

Hi everyone, Thanks for taking the time to open this topic. I™ve tried everything to clear up my chest shoulders and back, (salicylic acid washes and creams, tea tree oil, benzoyl peroxide washes, exfoliation) nothing is working and it™s leading me to believe it™s not p. Acnes bacteria and it may be a fungal infection. I have seasonal allergies and get yearly sinus infections every spring which requires antibiotics (I know, terrible) but I need to take them to clear up the infection because they take MONTHS to go away on their own. I know how bad this is for the skin and overall health so I try to drink kombucha and some fermented foods and avoid processed foods with sugar but I do slip up sometimes but for most part I eat healthily.  I eat greens everyday, drink only water, lemon water (I heard the lemon is anti fungal) and black tea. I™ve included some pics of my chest and back and I know it doesn™t look œthat bad œ but imagine that every one of those red spots was a huge pussy Whitehead I just popped all of them with a sterile extractor tool right before I took those pics. I also get clogged pores on my actual breasts as I have included in the pics. Nothing helps . It is disgusting. I have whiteheads right next to each other in clusters and random spots and I can™t wear any breathable clothes in the summer because of this insecurity. My skin type is very oily. I shower daily and use a benzoyl peroxide soap bar but it doesn™t help. Any and all feedback/advice is greatly appreciated. 

D2230FA6-36D3-45EB-B343-8D65DB40CA9F.jpeg

55254BCF-BA91-4C4A-8263-CCB009CA3A0C.jpeg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/12/2019 10:50 pm

You have fungal acne

Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics and some other meds, including steroids. You can get rid of the fungal acne by doing the following -

1. Buy clotrimazole antifungal cream and apply it to the affected areas 2-3 times a day.

2. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo.

3. Do NOT apply any moisturiers or organic oils to the affected areas.

4. Dust the affected areas in antifungal powder.

DO NOT USE STEROIDS (hydrocortisoen etc) ON THE AFFECTED AREA except for 2-3 days, and only if very inflamed. STEROIDS MAKE FUNGAL ACNE WORSE - steroids CAUSE fungal acne

If you get back to me with answers to the questions below, I can provide targeted information for your situation..

Have you taken antibiotics or other meds. If you have taken antibiotics, which ones ?

Do you have one or more of the following - white coating on your tongue, dandruff, flaking skin, toenail fungus, itchy and/or painful skin, red rash/es, unexplained tiredness, headaches, brain fog", stomach or gut problems, sinus problems.

Dermatologists, and doctors generally, know nothing about fungal acne and similar fungal skin conditions. They will likely prescribe antibiotics and/or steroids, which will make your skin problems worse and worse.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 01/05/2020 12:04 pm

I did everything like Aussie suggested. No result. Meanwhile I was trying to see more Drs. And they suspect probably vasculitis... which was not confirmed at the end.. when I mentioned this to Aussie in pmsg he just stopped answering...

MemberMember
(@raptorwd)

Posted : 01/15/2020 2:52 am

I recommend you try Ore Colloidal Silver from amazon. Comes in a 100ml bottle and spray it over affected area after showering and let it dry before getting dressed. Expensive but gets results