Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Be careful, the enhanced lotion looks good but has some really nasty ingredients that are like 5 on the como scale :confused:

I wonder if it's ok to use jojoba or emu oil before putting on AHA? I find the only time AHA burns a bit for me is if I slap it on directly out of the shower. But AHA burns me WAY less than bp did.

Gosh I hope it doesnt break me out. It's the only thing I'll be changing, though, so if I do start to break out, I will know what the culprit is :) I saw that many people like the enhanced lotion and have had lots of success and skin clearing benefits by using it. Dan also recommends it for clearing spots. I am confused if it is considered "comedogenic" because so many people are using it to get clear skin??

When you first started using AHA, did it make your face red. I just started using a face wash with AHA and about 6 hrs or so after use it made my face red. Just wanted to know your guys results.

well, it kind of made my red marks more prominent...But it didn't make other parts red. I use moisturizer after every time I apply it though...I'm on day 3 and everything seems to be going fine! im 20 years old by the way

day 7 over here...I am definitely getting and initial breakout. I'm not sure if it is due to the lotion because my breakouts tend to be periodical (even though Im a guy) . My red marks are definitely faded, but I still have a several large pimples. Also, this lotion tends to give me LOTS of whiteheads.

I've suffered with moderate, stubborn acne on my face and neck for about 15 years. About four year's ago, I discovered something that cleared me completely. I've stopped using it, though -- I'll explain why later.

The product is alpha hydroxy lotion (lotion -- not the face wash mentioned in a previous post). I used a product that was 10% AHA once a day (at night). In the morning, I washed my face with a gentle cleanser.

This stuff works quickly. For me, my acne would get a little worse during the first few days of use. After that stage, dramatic clearing would begin. I'd be completely clear at about 2.5 weeks.

I'm sure you all know that AHA is a hard-core exfoliant. While most exfoliants work by scrubbing away dead skin, AHA works by dissolving the bond that holds the dead skin to your face. I don't know why this clears acne, but one theory I've read claims the acid dissolves sebum.

Constant use of AHA strips away the protective barrier of dead skin. Therefore, any exposure to the sun can lead to problems. If you decide to try AHA, you should wear sunscreen whenever you go out, and also should consider wearing a hat with a wide brim. That's why I've stopped using it (I'm currently experimenting with other products).

Also, you'll probably notice a slight burning sensation the first few times you apply the lotion. For me, this was minor, would last only a few minutes after application, and went away completely after about three days of use. And one last warning: if you decide to use AHA, don't combine it with any other product. I don't know this for sure, but I suspect you'll fry your face.

Day 15 on regimen (look at my previous updates in this thread)....My face looks terrible. I am getting severe breakouts on my forehead and around my cheek areas. My face looks much worse than when I started this routine. My skin type is very oily so I have stopped using the moisturizer (I thought the moisturizer would actually stop the oil production). I think I will stop this routine very soon....

This lotion tends to give many whiteheads and also does not seem to help with with getting rid of existing pimples. It also doesn't even seem to prevent new ones from coming up.

On the upside, it has helped me greatly with my red marks and blackheads...

Has anyone else had these experiences?

Day 23 on regimen. My face actually looks AWESOME! My red marks are nearly all gone; most of my "active" pimples are close to gone. I have stopped using the moisturizer since day 15, but have incorporated a 10% BP spot treatment cream (the one for clearasil, very powerful stuff). I have a few whiteheads still going on however they are very small. I dont know why but any new pimples I get tend to be very small...I then immediately put the BP on it and it vanishes. As you may have read, I was very demoralized at day 15...However, my face seems to be getting way better. I'm hoping this is something permanent. I will get back to you guys next week.

Do u have oily skin?

I've suffered with moderate, stubborn acne on my face and neck for about 15 years. About four year's ago, I discovered something that cleared me completely. I've stopped using it, though -- I'll explain why later.

The product is alpha hydroxy lotion (lotion -- not the face wash mentioned in a previous post). I used a product that was 10% AHA once a day (at night). In the morning, I washed my face with a gentle cleanser.

This stuff works quickly. For me, my acne would get a little worse during the first few days of use. After that stage, dramatic clearing would begin. I'd be completely clear at about 2.5 weeks.

I'm sure you all know that AHA is a hard-core exfoliant. While most exfoliants work by scrubbing away dead skin, AHA works by dissolving the bond that holds the dead skin to your face. I don't know why this clears acne, but one theory I've read claims the acid dissolves sebum.

Constant use of AHA strips away the protective barrier of dead skin. Therefore, any exposure to the sun can lead to problems. If you decide to try AHA, you should wear sunscreen whenever you go out, and also should consider wearing a hat with a wide brim. That's why I've stopped using it (I'm currently experimenting with other products).

Also, you'll probably notice a slight burning sensation the first few times you apply the lotion. For me, this was minor, would last only a few minutes after application, and went away completely after about three days of use. And one last warning: if you decide to use AHA, don't combine it with any other product. I don't know this for sure, but I suspect you'll fry your face.

Hey, I'm new to the board. I just bought the AHA Souffle. What"s the difference between the lotion, cream, and souffle? and what cleanser and moisturizer are you using along with the AHA? I have sensitive skin, so I'm assuming that I will become very dry from using it...Is that true?

Hey, I'm new to the board. I just bought the AHA Souffle. What"s the difference between the lotion, cream, and souffle? and what cleanser and moisturizer are you using along with the AHA? I have sensitive skin, so I'm assuming that I will become very dry from using it...Is that true?

I'm using Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Face Lotion w/ AHA, both the night time and the day time version with SPF 15...I'm just wondering if this will be too harsh on my skin? I'm also using BenzaClin(5% BP/1% Clindamycin) in the morning and 0.3% Differin XP gel at night.

Is this too much on my face? I'm still getting red after the 3rd week. =/ Thanks!

I'm using Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Face Lotion w/ AHA, both the night time and the day time version with SPF 15...I'm just wondering if this will be too harsh on my skin? I'm also using BenzaClin(5% BP/1% Clindamycin) in the morning and 0.3% Differin XP gel at night.

Is this too much on my face? I'm still getting red after the 3rd week. =/ Thanks!

Just started using this and it's amazing!!! give it a try...i just use a gentle clenser and the lotion 2x a day and my face...it's the best i think it's ever been! :dance:

Is this the one you used? It seems to be very good but i dont wanna get suckered in like i did with freakin zyporex. I still cant believe i bought that crap althought when i use it my skin was better but when i stop i break out like 4 whiteheads the next day so i dropped it and went back to clearasil SA facial cleanser and clearasil BP then for moisturizing i use neutrogena acne stress control with SA and moisturizers and it helped a bit but i want something that will fight acne more effectively and quickly.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp16741_333181_s...nced_lotion.htm

http://duffystric.com/product.php?productid=3657&page=1

are those the right ones? im very interested in trying them please respond quickly

I need advise please, I feel like I've gone backwards..

Amazing amount of information in this thread! I'm on week 6.5 with BP regimen. Week 4 was the best week I thought all my acne will be goneeee but after week 5 it comes back. Note that on week 4 when I touch my face I could feel such thick layer of dead skin on my face. Week 5 I picked up Dan's AHA+ from the post office and put it on for the first time at night.

I put on BP > Dan's AHA+ > 2 drops of Jojoba oil + Olay moisturizer. The next day I washed my face and couldn't believe how I could feel my skin on my finger tips instead of dead, dull feeling of dead skin. Then 2 days after I break out from almost clear back to week 3 case of acne on my face and it's still there days later (now).

So now I'm back to applying BP religiously again but don't know how it will turn out. Should I just quit BP and go on AHA regimen + good cleanser??? Also another question is if Dan's AHA+ will be good choice to use for the AHA regimen you guys and girls are using?

My break outs are on my cheeks and under my chin... HELP!!!

Well, in repsonse to the above post...I was using Dan's BP for a few months and decided to stop. My skin just was never clear while on BP so I figured why use it. I started back on the Alpha HYdrox Enhanced Cream at night (was on a whil eago with good results) and just moisturizer, nothing else. I just started using the AHA in the am too. It does cause a little purging in the beginning, but nothing bad. It is amazing stuff I have to say. I just ordere the the Retinol ResQ and I will start using that at night in conjunction with the Enhanced Cream in the am.

I have come to the point I think that these acne meds just aren't making things better, I think they are actually making things worse, so I am done with them...for the time being anyway.

I also use a mild cleaner and toner and that's it.

Well, I have never used Dan's so I don't know but I have always used the Alpha Hydrox line and it's pretty popular with a lot of great reviews. So, I would have to recommend that from my experience, up to you of course though.

You can get it from Drugstore.com.