Notifications
Clear all

Using oils.

MemberMember
(@sharpshooter)

Posted : 03/28/2019 5:38 am

Hi,

It appears no matter what moisturiser or serums or toners I used I always seem to get spots.

Everything is trial and error so gone down the oils route. I've got Jojoba, Grapeseed, rosehip, sweet almond and tea tree oil.

Been using a couple of drops of grapeseed and rosehip together day and night. It's been OK nothing spectacular as of yet.

I think I have combination skin (oily and dry) particular t-zone is oily, cheeks are dry. My skin is sensitive too and I haveseborrheic dermatitis at the minute.

A dermatologist told me not to use oils though.

Wondered if anyone else has used oils instead of moisturisers etc and what your experiences was like?

MemberMember
(@greensister)

Posted : 04/06/2019 12:33 am

Tea tree oil and rose hip oil broke me out really bad. Toners also break me out. The only thing that has worked well for me so far is grapeseed oil alone.I just use itat night to remove makeup and then after a gentle cleanser to moisturize and my skin is doing so much better. In the morning I just leave my skin alone, this also made a huge difference as my skin was getting too oily when using 2x/day, I have the same type of combo skin.Also I noticed that anything with hyaluronic acid or Sodium Hyaluronate broke me out with a bunch of whiteheads and those arein a lot of products especially moisturizers.

MemberMember
(@jazzypunctuation)

Posted : 06/11/2019 2:54 pm

Oils don't tend to absorb well into my skin, they end up sitting on top like an oily film. What has worked well for me is squalane. It absorbs well and has oil regulating properties for the skin, plus it's moisturising and protects the skim barrier 🙂 I currently use Indie Lee's squalane oil.

MemberMember
(@salemkitty5)

Posted : 11/19/2020 9:02 pm

I have been using oils as moisturizer to clear my acne for 6 years, and I honestly cannot use any thing else. I highly recommend a combination of 20% castor oil, 10% Tamanu oil, 10% sea buckthornseed oil, and 60% grape seed oil. This combination has never made me break out and I've seen great results. My skin isn't perfect, but much better than it used to be. Check out the youtube channel Holistic Habits if you're interested in natural skin care. I know it sounds like hippy bs, but I've actually had a lot of success with it. Acne prone skin needs moisture to properly get rid of spots, and lots of prescribed medicines dry out your skin locking the dirt and grime in. Anti bacterial creams can work for awhile, but your skin gets used to it and then it will no longer work. I've learned to work with my skin instead of against it because your body and genetics will always win. lol

If you're looking for cleansers I've also had a lot of luck with the brand evanhealy. I highly recommend their tea tree cleanser!