Notifications
Clear all

Actually A Joke Now- Advice?

MemberMember
(@bananaa)

Posted : 03/10/2019 12:51 am

I am literally gonna hide away forever with the size of these things hahah

I™ve struggled with acne since I was 12, starting on my chin, just a couple. As the years went on, it still stayed on my chin but more and more. About 2 years ago, I got a massive spot (found out it was cystic later) on the bridge of my nose, like near my eye-ish area. Since 2 years ago, I™ve had 6 of them, 2 right now grrr. I™ve been to the doctors, prescribed lymesycline, doxicycline, erythromycin, duac gel and differin cream. As ya can guess, none of it worked. I was referred to a dermatologist months back who told me to go on the contraceptive pill for at least 3 months and come back and see them. My question is, is this hormonal cystic acne? Does the pill help/get rid of hormonal/cystic acne? 

8EA122DC-5BA2-4676-A2B9-5199CAAD06B8.jpeg

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/11/2019 1:56 pm

i would definitely get those injected with kenalog and ask about spiro. i was on birth control for many years and i'm convinced itgave mecystic acne because i never had it before i started the pill. i find that spiro is a lot safer than the pill but a lot of people like to combine the two. you could also try keflex antibiotic that one should work well for you. have you had your hormones tested?

good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@cassie-sara)

Posted : 03/13/2019 12:01 pm

I am 28 and full of zits. Awesome...the pill alone does not work for me. The only thing that worked for me was androcur. I have pcos. What a joy...