Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Hey y’all,

ive had acne my whole life. It’s genetic. The earliest memories I have of my mom is her gouging plugs from her face and by the time I was 13 I was doing the same. My skin has improved from birth control pills, but due to harsh side effects I had to stop. retinol has been very helpful, but I still have flare ups!

My issue is the type of acne I have.  My pores produce HUGE sebaceous filaments that get inflamed. After a shower I will use a black head remover and the hugest plugs attached to hair will come out. They’re painful and deep. Of course I can ignore this and not extract but eventually the plug would get so big and it’ll get infected regardless! Ugh. 

I get these on my cheeks, forehead, and really severe around my mouth area. 

I know these are not blackheads, they’re really hard and not soft as a Whitehead. 

Seriously I’m 30 and so distraught from having this issue since I was a teen. I eat a clean diet and my skin products are organic and work 70% of the time. However the other 30% is soooo horrible and these plugs are so big I’m embarrassed to talk about it.

Does anyone have issues with sebaceous filaments like these? Any advice?

 

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I hope someone has answers for you. I am flailing around myself.  My self esteem is gone. I started spironolactone and birth control 2 months ago and according to everyone,  it takes 3 months to work.  I pray every day they are right and it will kick in soon. I'm so depressed about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience bc did help but I had bloating and depression after 2 years of it and stopped. 

I hope so too! I’ve read a lot on this forum and people do have my skin issue but hopefully maybe a woman can give me some insight since it might be hormonal? But retinol treatments and glycolic cleansers are my savior. But I want more insight on my skin condition. Dermatologists have not really helped me understand, just write a stronger retinol prescription. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same thing. 150mg Spiro, clean diet and sulfur wash from Peter Thomas Roth. Don't touch your face! I am trying to overcome decades of picking with self help OCD and habit audio books. Good luck to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×