Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aliciagrrr

Best treatments for Boxcar/ rolling

@Aliciagrrr Hi there, ... so your main area of concern is your forehead. 

Be careful of following Lim and just trying to do what he does, there is just one of him, ... as such he can get different results that most cannot. Thus we must be more conservative than what he "may" try. Here are my suggestions

1) You need botox, this will help in this area to soften the scars.

2) The forehead is complicated to treat, ... it does not heal as well as elsewhere on the face. It's thin (skin) lots of muscles, veins, etc... Posters often do not get as much % of improvement here but we can improve your scar some more. 

3) I would not see Dr Anil or Dr Chu for something like this. I would go for Dr Emil in Denmark. But as you listed you have other clinics to try. See the list of Drs it's in the main scar treatments fourm, ... scroll to the top click scar treatments, goto the pinned FAQ, then at the bottom are providers. 

4) You have had to many laser things that are not the right ones. Firstly rf needling every 6 weeks is wrong and should be every 3 months, ... this could slow down healing and I know the laser clinics push this for $$$$$$. I don't see Ipixel fixing this. There is a Dr H on the list who is good with lasers in London, he may be able to help. I think he works at Skin. 

5) I don't really see icepicks on your forehead, I See boxcars-rolling and textural issues. I would do Botox as soon as possible, ... continue with some more subcisions you know you need between 3-6 of them typically, ... this would work on the pits, I would also do some more filler if there are areas to top up. Allow healing time between 3 months.

6) Get a dermastamp or the derminator and stamp the individual scars at home once a month between treatments. You can even do some glycolic or tca peels if you wish. 

Once things are more "raised ... do fully ablative laser resurfacing, if you follow Lim you know what this means. OR a combo of 1927nm Fraxel at full density and fractional co2 laser. IT will take a few of them or some plastic surgeons can do a deep phenol peel. 

7) IF the redness bothers you do a vascular laser.

Do this nightly...

Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (if you can't get the above). Cureology(USA) & Yoderm(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application if it's irritating and you need to build up %. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. To prevent (reds & browns from all Dr-treatments to ethnic skin or to work on current skin discoloration), try PCA hydroquione free gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Hydroquinone has side effects for some people, natural option as listed above is better or ingredients kojic acid/Konjac and skin lightener ingredients, like Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for pores and discoloration as well. The Ordinary, Cerave, Eucerin, Dr Sam Bunting Flawless Cleanser, and Acne.org's products are all great options for moisturizers and cleaners without fragrance / dyes / allergens. Sunscreen is a must (for the sensitive use zinc only physical ones)! 

@Aliciagrrr The difference with Infini or rf needling (many brands), ... this is more like a laser, but it protects the top of your skin epidermis. Dermastamping or derminator is just that a microneedle you do at home once a month between Dr treatments, because remember we are waiting 3 months, not doing Dr's based treatments monthly. You can stunt the progress you will get by over treating. Why do I not have you do rf needling once a month (it's  a laser, and actually takes 3-6 months to fully show results and heal from). Many Dr's will push you to do treatments monthly as you know. Multi- treatments are also bad (healing). Now if your not getting results with rf needling stop in two-three more sessions, before that last ablative laser, do co2 laser 3-7% density and 1927nm fraxel in full density mode, before doing the last step Ablative Erbium. 

These are all options, takes many 3 years to do these treatments, ... healing is slow.