BP + AHA on the pim...

Notifications
Clear all

BP + AHA on the pimple left DARK SPOTS?!?!

MemberMember
(@zubaidaahmed861393)

Posted : 02/19/2019 4:54 am

Hi, I've been using the Regimen for a month and so far so good but the first week I used BP + AHA as a spot treatment on 2 pimples... First of all it didn't help me at all, I think BP on its own works much better for me, second it left huge dark spots around the both pimples. (I've attached picture) It's been a month and they're still there. 

IMG_3941.thumb.jpg.241c5644721f0799a3fe254d6cf07520.jpg

Here's how I used it... first I used the cleanser from the regimen, waited 15 min, then applied BP... waited 15 min, then AHA on the spots only and then moisturiser.. 
This week is my 4th week and by the end of it I'll start applying the AHA mixed with moisturiser all over my face (will start with very little amount) .. but I'm a bit scared after these 2 dark spots? 

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 02/23/2019 10:38 am

Hello,

Our best advice is to use The Regimen products. They will get you completely clear and will make your skin look nice and even toned and non-inflamed. Thats whats most important in order to prevent future hyperpigmentation and scarring. Make sure you use them diligently and you will get completely clear.

However, the hyperpigmentation itself can take several months or longer to fade. To speed this process you can add Acne.org AHA+ which will help increase skin cell turnover and allow your acne marks to fade faster. But nothing will help hyperpigmentation fade extremely quickly. Its only time that can do that. Remember that hyperpigmentation are not scars, however, and will fade with time.