Notifications
Clear all

Should I try Differin?

MemberMember
(@cavalier)

Posted : 01/24/2019 7:15 am

Some background first:

-

Have had acne since I wastwelveand all that (currently 28), and started using Dan's regimen around 2010~11and have been using it since.

I only use it once a day at night before I go to bed, though (there's just no way I could make the time to apply the stuff twice a day, not to mention all of the shirtand jacket collars I'd ruin; I care about my clothes!).

Regardless, my skin has been pretty decently clear for the past eightor so years I've been on the regimen (people often respond with, "... but what acne?" whenever I tell them I use acne medication, for example; they're not just trying to flatter me, either), and my acne was, fortunately, never that bad to begin with.

-

Anyway, I've recently been seeing commercials about Differin now being available OTC, and it's kindapiqued my interestsince it's a retinoid.

From what I understand (maybe erroneously, but hopefully not), vitamin Areally helps in maintaining/regulating/doing away with sebum overproduction, which is what I'm pretty sure isthe cause of my acne (I have very oily skin, and it's especially porous over the front of my cheeks and nose).

I've always wanted to try a low-dose Accutane regimen for this very reason -to combat my sebum overproduction -but I've neverhadthe money and have always beenworried about the side-effects, so Differin seems like it couldbe the next best thing.

-

Sodo you guys think I should try it?

Or am I wrong/being too simple-minded regarding how it'd affect my skin?

I mean, Dan's regimen is fine and all, but Differin's both cheaper and legal in Japan (which is somewhere I might move to someday), and if I'm right in both what it does and the cause of my acne being my overly oily skin, then it could be my potential cure.

MemberMember
(@accurateestate)

Posted : 01/24/2019 4:57 pm

Using differing will probably cause your skin to purge to being with. I used it tohelp calm my hormonal acne. For myself I didnt make a massive difference however everyones skin is different.