Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gmiller091

Help with chest itchiness

Hello, I’m new here so please bare with me. I have a very concerning itch that’s just on my chest. I’ve literally tried everything. 

Change sheets often

Use laundry detergent that’s free and clear

changes towels often 

tried moisturizer on chest 

hydrocortisone cream 

and others I can’t think of right now. 

Anyways a lil background, I’ve never had a problem with this. I moved to a place with more humidty about a year ago but my acne on my body and the itch didn’t start till about the time I started working out 3 months later. I still workout but only about 2-3 times a week. I can never remember me struggling with body acne until this time. I was on accutane when I was 16 and I started another course about 2 months ago. My back is pretty much all the way cleared up and feels so smooth. My chest does look better than before but there’s still marks most very small and some that look like red pimples but if you run your finger over them there smooth which baffled me. I was thinking the accutane hasn’t really been contributing to the itch since it’s been going on long before. When I look down at my chest it looks like it kinda has a red tint not as much as a rash would but still not the color of my regular skin. 

Also noted it doesn’t really itch when  nothing is rubbing on it like clothes, sheets, and etc. I don’t have much chest hair but it feels like the chest hair I do have is rubbing hard against whatever it’s coming into contact wjth. That’s what the itch feels like. I’ve tried everything and I’m gonna mention it again when I go back to the derm in a couple weeks, but he doesn’t say much when I do. Kinda dismisses it. 

If anyone can help me though I’d be so grateful. I’m so tired of this itch. Sorry if that was really jumbled. 

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes