Regimen stops worki...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen stops working

MemberMember
(@477650_1443953115)

Posted : 12/22/2018 12:25 pm

Hello,

So I started using the acne.org regimen back in 2014. After about 3 months of using it, I noticed a huge difference in my skin. I was extremely excited because prior to this, NOTHING would work. However, after about a year (maybe a little less) of being on it, my skin started to break out again and wouldn't clear back up. I didn't change anything I was doing and my lifestyle didn't change. I then decided after a few more months, to stop the regimen and I went to see my dermatologist and she prescribed me an antibiotic and some topicals. I used those for probably 6-9 months and noticed a slight improvement, but nothing to be excited about. My face continued to break out and took forever to heal. I finally decided to go back on the acne.org regimen as I felt that had at least worked better than what the derm had given me. Again, the first 6 months, my face looked great and I was so happy again. Then the same thing happened and my face would start breaking out again and wouldn't clear up. I have continued the regimen despite this, honestly because I don't know what else to do or what else to use, because nothing works and this at least somewhat works and keeps my acne from being "I don't want to leave the house" bad. But I'm feeling very frustrated because I don't understand why this initially works so well, and then just seems to stop working without me changing anything I am doing. Has this happened to anyone else using the regimen? Does anyone have any advice/suggestions?

Thanks! I appreciate any feedback 🙂

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 12/27/2018 4:05 pm

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. Just to clarify, are you currently using any new cosmetics on your skin? If yes, kindly check if the ingredients are non comedogenic. Also, irritation may also cause acne breakouts. For more information on acne and irritation, kindly visit https://www.acne.org/irritation.html . Thank you.

MemberMember
(@natalielucy27)

Posted : 01/11/2019 4:22 pm

On 12/22/2018 at 5:25 PM, 477650_1443953115 said:

Hello,

So I started using the acne.org regimen back in 2014. After about 3 months of using it, I noticed a huge difference in my skin. I was extremely excited because prior to this, NOTHING would work. However, after about a year (maybe a little less) of being on it, my skin started to break out again and wouldn't clear back up. I didn't change anything I was doing and my lifestyle didn't change. I then decided after a few more months, to stop the regimen and I went to see my dermatologist and she prescribed me an antibiotic and some topicals. I used those for probably 6-9 months and noticed a slight improvement, but nothing to be excited about. My face continued to break out and took forever to heal. I finally decided to go back on the acne.org regimen as I felt that had at least worked better than what the derm had given me. Again, the first 6 months, my face looked great and I was so happy again. Then the same thing happened and my face would start breaking out again and wouldn't clear up. I have continued the regimen despite this, honestly because I don't know what else to do or what else to use, because nothing works and this at least somewhat works and keeps my acne from being "I don't want to leave the house" bad. But I'm feeling very frustrated because I don't understand why this initially works so well, and then just seems to stop working without me changing anything I am doing. Has this happened to anyone else using the regimen? Does anyone have any advice/suggestions?

Thanks! I appreciate any feedback :)

Hi

ive been on the regimen since 2015 and had a very similar experience to you.. cleared my skin completely after about 9 months so I went off it for a year slowly it started coming back and its noway near what it was beflre and is just on my chin. It goes very quickly but as one goes another one comes. 

One thing that helped me was alovera but straight from the plant leaf it cleared my skin really quickly but unfortunately that seems to have stopped working too. I am a female and my acne is hormonal so I think it is difficult to manage