Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supkarma

Curology/Tretinoin + Benzoyl Peroxide tips

Hey all,

First post here. Let me sum things up for you before I start asking the questions..

Teens - Mild Acne - Controllable with BP and regular washing + moisturizing.

Twenties - Mild Acne + CC's until about 24, then perfectly clear skin.

Thirties - At 30 I still had decent skin, some CCs l, but nothing quite bothersome. Minimal maintenance required. 

About 9 months ago I began taking a prescription medication, Lithium, and it came with the nasty side effect of acne, everywhere. Primarily my back, but my face was seeing more and more of it as my doseage increased. CCs are out of control. No over the counter products seemed to help. Really just dried me out and and the acne would get bigger and last longer. 

I got tired of battling this side effect and made the decision to find a new medication, but my skin at this point is garbage. 

My doc started me on Tretinoin .1% Micro, and Clindamycin 1% for both my face and back about a month ago.

These scripts, plus the doc visits were not cheap so I consolidated these meds into a Curology cream and save about $70/month. 

But, this cream doesn't seem to be enough for my face and I'd like to add the 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide into my routine. 

Routine:

AM- 6AM
CeraVe Hydrating Face Wash
Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (acne.org)
The Ordinary Moisturizing Factors + HA
Missha SPF 50 Sun Milk

PM- 6PM
CeraVe Foaming Face Wash
Tretinoin .1% + Clindamycin 1% 

CeraVe Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

I've read that Tretinoin and Benzoyl aren't friends, is it ok for me to space them out like this above routine? My current routine is the same as above, just without the BP. 

Any changes you might suggest? I'd prefer to keep things pretty simple. Once my moisturizing lotion has run out I plan to try out/add  the acne.org moisturizer.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes