Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KarenM

No one understands

I have developed rosacea complicated by demodex. It developed over 6 months and has taken over my life. I have a dermatologist (2 hours away) that seems understanding, and we are trying hard to go back to a "normal" life. My family has a hard time understanding my devastation. My entire face has changed. Spots and redness with new things coming daily and old ones never fully going away. I cry for losing the face I had, and seem unable to be unable to embrace my new one.

Family can't always understand how difficult it is, they don't view you any differently since they've grown up with you their whole life, so it isn't as important to them. Glad you found a dermatologist that cares though, those are really hard to come by. 

Just try not to stress , because that makes it worse.  How are you doing now? And yeah family doesn't understand.  The only one that has ever understood me is my grandma.