Notifications
Clear all

creams from doctor = long term skin sensitivity ?(redness)

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/14/2018 6:43 am

this is something i keep wondering about..

from my teens till my mid 20s..on and off, i was given lots of different, strong acne creams by my doctor...which probably did kill off my spots but caused horrific redness, which still looked like acne.

ive been off medicated creams / BP for about 8years but i still have very sensitive and often red skin.

does anyone know, is there is a link between acne creams and long term skin damage/redness?

i would be interested in hearing any views or personal experiences.

MemberMember
(@justdry)

Posted : 12/14/2018 8:42 am

100% -

The creams will break down your skins barrier and cause long term damage. You need to work on repairing the barrier as best you can. Ceramides, lipids, omegas 3&6 etc..

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/16/2018 12:16 am

On 12/14/2018 at 1:42 PM, Justdry said:

100% - 

The creams will break down your skins barrier and cause long term damage. You need to work on repairing the barrier as best you can. Ceramides, lipids, omegas 3&6 etc.. 

thanks for replying. i will defiantly look into your advice. i guess boosting vitamin levels to help the body heal its self, does make sense.

it would be nice to heal any damage ive done. (im a bit annoyed at my doctors for not warning me of any potential side effects of acne medical creams / long term use )