Notifications
Clear all

I need support and answers!!!

MemberMember
(@henn1997)

Posted : 12/01/2018 10:47 am

A lot of changes have happened in my life recently and I really need guidance because I think my dermatologist just wants my money. 

I had a few pimples pop up during this last year due to stress, but they would all go away relatively quickly. I felt good in my skin. 

June: I went off of birth control because I wanted to be more natural (didn™t receive my period again until mid-November after starting BC again)

July: I went to Europe for the first time where my skin was sooo oily and my active spot on my right cheek flared slightly, but it wasn™t too bad.

August (picture 1): I move across the country by myself for the first time in my life. It was a very stressful time and I couldn™t stop picking at my face. My acne flared in just one week along both of my cheeks. This made me even more stressed. I also didn™t know anyone in the new city and I was too self-conscience about my face to meet anyone

september: saw a dermatologist where he prescribed me antibiotics and BP 5%. I believe I am antibiotic resistant because there has been no improvement, the BP seems to only help dry out the white heads. Also got Adapalene to help with the scarring. Only helps a little bit. Started taking probiotics to help with my gut health (I also did two sessions of acupuncture during this time) 

October (picture 2): had to wear a lot of makeup up for my job (concert dance) and my acne flared again. But one side of my face reduced in swelling and was just PIH for about a week (time of low stress, good diet). I™ve been only putting neutrogena clear complexion on my cheeks, and I shower after working out everyday (only wearing makeup for about 50 hours/week). This doesn™t help me answer why I™m now breaking out on my forehead. 

november (picture 3): got on birth control again (ortho-tri cyclen) and I got my period back. I also got on spironolactone. I™ve been on the BC for 5 weeks and the spironolactone  for about 2.5. My acne continues to get worse. (My testosterone levels were also tested and they were normal...even a little on the lower side, so I™m not sure if Spiro will help)

december: I am on track to start accutane in January, but I am having so much anxiety about getting on it that I have lost sleep. (Which does not help my acne). I also have been having anxiety about my acne so I™m not sure what to do.

what I™ve noticed: stress and a bad diet makes my acne flare. I™ve been vegan for 2 months now and that hasn™t helped much. I™m not sure if pounding more medication down would serverely harm my body, or make my acne better. I just want my acne to get better because it is the main reason for my anxiety (which I have never had before).

1CCFE4FA-81C6-4333-8F4C-598CDA03F601.jpeg

37A580DB-9595-4F72-B26A-CAC1FBAD8E5A.jpeg

E21CAC5E-72A7-4D3B-96FD-12B481E6522F.jpeg

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/05/2018 9:43 pm

im not saying dont go on accutanebut you should definitely research it and read some of the threads before trying.

acne is quite a complex disease. you might need to do a lot of research and trial and error before you find products and treatment that works for you.

going by what you said, you might want to start by googling:

diet and acne

non comedogenic makeup and acne

nizoral / head & shoulders and acne