Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sridhar

My BP Gel Log

Hi Guys,

Im currently on Adaferin ( Differin in some countries), and ive cleared up pretty well.

Im starting out with BP gel 2.5% tomorrow, Im just performing an irritation test on my neck, ill keep posting..

Applied a thin film of BP and left it on last night.

A pimple on my cheek which was pretty big last night is now no bigger than a sand grain!

Wow!

Face is pretty dry, Im using the Banana Boat Ultra Sunblock moisturizer/sunscreen.

Day 4:

Wow, Im staying clear, and marks are getting lighter already!

Im sure the BP is working, coz after I wash my face it feels SO tight, i mean, i have to put in some effort to even talk! BP really stripping my skin of the necessary oils, but man, I dunno how it will be in the future.

Im applying an alpha hydroxy moisturizer, though it burns like crazy, coz those things moisturize better than the other ones.

Hi. I'm Shaz. If this doesn't work for you see my routine on the board under the title BP FREE ACID FREE - ZIT FREE. I tried BP and Glycolic acid and had bad reactions to both.

I did my routine with hydrocortisone cream twice a day to moisturize calm the irritation. Now I'm not using hydrocortisone anymore only aloevera to moisturize along with the other stuff in my routine. You can find them easily in grocery store and pharmacy over the counter. I wish you success. I am now zit free and so excited I'm telling everyone. Happy Holidays. SHAZ THE QUEEN AKA SLIM

By the way I'm just sharing my story not selling anything. Just want to help someone.

Guest TylerD

Slim what did you use to clear your acne. Because that stuff you suggested is for red and irritated skin. Its not for acne prone skin.

Tyler did you read my routine on the blog. I added the link to it. Anyway here's how it's works I do my routine twice a day and MOM 2-3 times a week

I mix 2 tablespoons yogurt with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and leave it on my face for 10-15 minutes

yogurt and lemon juice both contain natural acids and enzymes that clean the skin

Then I apply aloe vera gel - that works great for my oily skin and it is known to control acne before I started using aloe I was using hydrocortisone cream to clear up the irritation

I treated the zits with Preparation H - which has ingredients that shrink and dry up the zits and removes redness

I used a Milk of Magnesia mask also - that drew out all the crap from my skin and made the zits ripe so I could treat them and see faster results. MOM also makes your face softer.

A few times I slept with the MOM overnight to make it more effective.

It worked great. Now I have no zits. I have a few blackheads that are coming out. Most of my blemishes are almost all gone.

I think the kinder gentler treatment to my face is what worked. When you use a lot of strong acids, over wash and use hot water a lot your face overcompensates for dryness by producing more oil and sebum which results in a vicious cycle. I tried BP and Glycolic Acid with bad results. My face was such a mess I used to look in the mirror and cry all day. I did the new routine out of desperation

I resolved to treat my face like the sensitive skin that it is, like fine silk with a lot of TLC. It's worked. So I'm happy. I believe acne skin is sensitive skin no matter what anyone says.

Also I had a dandruff problem. I addressed it by using a shampoo with a PH of 3.0. I use Nexxus Humectress or Ensure. I moisturize my scalp with Biotin Cream from Nexxus and I put Razac Prefect for Perms hair cream in my hair. i wash my hair twice a week.

Before I used to use things that contained sillicone in my hair for shine. But I noticed that most of the women at most beauty salons who used sillicone products had zits especially on the forehead, so I quit using those products. It's amazing the things you notice sitting in a beauty salon. Also I wash my bed linen every week.

I eat well too. I hope this helps you though. Good Luck. SHAZ AKA SLIM

The burning due to moisturizer has reduced by a large extent! whew!

Some relief!!

It was just a skin rash that was causing these problems, anyways, still staying clear with BP, and still dry skin..

I wonder if the moisturizer also helps in healing scaly skin?

I tried to use BP just once a day, that is, i just smeared on tons of moisturizer in the morning and went to school, and I put on BP at night, but still, the result was :

Break out!!

Man, I gotta use BP, but help, it dries my skin out!!

Guys help, will I have to use BP all through my life ? I dont wanna depend completely on it, I dont wanna look like a flaky skin lizard!!

Guest TylerD

I suggest go to the doc and ask for this stuff called duac gel. And if you live in Canada its called Clyndoxil gel. Works very good. Its 5% Bp and1% clyndamicyin. Which kills the redness and eats the bacteria of the pimple which is very good. You just use it at night and it is very effective and powerfull. Then i would say if it is drying the skin out too much go get stuff called benoxyl not Panoxyl BENOXYL lol just use a tiny bit during the day. And its a lotion which doesnt dry your skin out that much. Usually lotion goes on nice and helps to moist the skin a bit instead of drying it out. And then use a moisturizer and then just the duac at night after all that. Do that all the time every day i do and my skin isnt dry at all. But with just the ordinary bp gel 2.5 i get very dry super bad and cant do that. But since i switched to this new routine its helped alot and i am almost clear except for the odd couple and my skin isnt dry in the least. Hope that helps.

Thanks Tyler,

well, I dont think weve got Duac in my country, but Ive got a gel called Clindac, and it is an antibiotic, with clindamycin phosphate in it, my derm asked me to use it initially, and i used it , it was awesome, and it got rid of everything, but since it is an antibiotic, my doc asked me to use only when necessary, well ive been trying to get rid of every other medication, and depend only on BP,

I also use differin like once in 3-4 nights to provide some more resistance.

So basically, im using BP twice a day once in morning, and once at night, NO WAY IM NOT USING HOW MUCH DAN ASKS ME TO, WOAH! i barely use quarter of a finger, and then I use the same at night, i do moisturize after that,

on like twice a week, i do BP in the morning, and differin at night.

Well, im staying very clear, except that the skin on my moustache area is very very dry, even though I DONT USE ANY BP there!!

I cant figure that one out!

, except that the skin on my moustache area is very very dry, even though I DONT USE ANY BP there!!

I cant figure that one out!

strange........ maybe when you moisturise some is getting in that area

Day 7 :

Pretty cool, ive stayed clear throughout this week, just had 2 -3 pimples during the week, and that too very small ones which just went in 2 days.

But I had plenty of really really small ones, and thats what ive got to get rid of.

Im not actually following the regiment, its rather a half regimen in my case, i barely use quarter of dan's amount coz BP dries skin out..

Well, ill increase dosage by a little bit and keep posting......

eusa_whistle.gif

Well, this morning I went for a jog along the coast, and i was under the sun for about 2 hours,so I got home, and had a nice cold water shower. I was wearing a mild SPF 15 moisturizer before I went

Ok, I shaved my face, and then wiped clean by patting....

I got to the mirror, but some BP, and after 10 seconds :

HELL BURN!!!!!!

I couldnt stand it, it was like I put my face in a furnace or something...

THis burning was right in the top part of the cheeks on both sides, I wonder if it was a sunburn, well guys should I still continue with BP?

Will my skin burn less after a while?

HELP sad.gif

If it was sunburn you'd be able to tell cause your cheeks (the sunburnt part) would be red and painful just washing or touching. I suggest you lay off the bp for a few days if its stinging, although you might break out ? Maybe lay off the bp and use your differin for a couple of days =P

Thanks for the reply,

well,Ive changed my moisturizer completely. It is much better for me now, it is the PONDS SENSITIVE SKIN LOTION with SPF 15.

Anyways, BP is working great, no big breakouts but my skin is getting so much harder everyday...............

I mean, it feels more like the ends of a bread loaf....

Weird comparison , aint it? smile.gif

Well, Ive bought myself a nice new cream-clay instant mask...its made by Avon..its called Pore-fection.

It has a nice deep cleansing action....

I love the smell too!!

P.S : IVE JUST SHIFTED MY BP TO SOMETHING CALLED BP GEL AC -- AND IT SAYS IMPROVED FORMULA, WITH ACRYLATES AND GLYCERIN IN IT...

WELL,I JUST STARTED AND ITS AWESOME IN THE WAY THAT IT DOESNT BURN AT ALL.....BUT I JUST BROKE OUT LIKE CRAZY LIKE AFTER 4 WEEKS OF CLEAR SKIN!! I DUNNO IF I CAN CONTINUE OR NOT......ANY ONE KNOW ABT THESE GELS SAYING 'AC' ON THEM ------- THEYRE MORE VISCOUS TOO!

Sorry for the CAPITALS, I typed the whole thing and then only i realised that it was in caps, and i dunno how to make it lower case without typing the whole thing again.