Notifications
Clear all

Butylene Glycol

MemberMember
(@pabloc)

Posted : 11/25/2018 9:26 am

Hi, was wondering aboutButylene Glycol.

I've found a tanning gel from Clinique that has it in but when I've looked it up some people are saying it can cause clogged pore.

But Paula's Choice makeup has it in and a couple of themoisturisers I use (that don't break me out)

Any help would be great.

MemberMember
(@angiek)

Posted : 12/07/2018 5:43 pm

I have sensitive skin and that ingredient doesn't break me out, but everyone is different. I would try a tiny spot on ur face that you can like easily hide w/ makeup or something lol. I mean other than a patch test on your own face, no one could really answer that question for you. Oh, but yes, I have heard it breaks some people out, but usually everything breaks me out so ... Since it doesn't, Idon't think it's a particularly irritating ingredient. It's a 1 for comodeogenicity on the list on [removed], so that means it is very unlikely to break out 99% of people. I wouldn't worry about it.

MemberMember
(@pabloc)

Posted : 12/13/2018 6:29 am

On 12/8/2018 at 4:43 AM, AngieK said:

I have sensitive skin and that ingredient doesn't break me out, but everyone is different. I would try a tiny spot on ur face that you can like easily hide w/ makeup or something lol. I mean other than a patch test on your own face, no one could really answer that question for you. Oh, but yes, I have heard it breaks some people out, but usually everything breaks me out so ... Since it doesn't, Idon't think it's a particularly irritating ingredient. It's a 1 for comodeogenicity on the list on [removed], so that means it is very unlikely to break out 99% of people. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a go in a couple of weeks and see what happens. I've found Butylene Glycol is actually in two of the products I'm using that I know don't break me out so hopefully thats a good sign

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 12/28/2018 6:05 pm

I've used products with butylene glycol in them and didn't experience any break outs :) I would say give it a shot - if you do experience new break outs, then you'll know what it's from and can cut it out, but I have a feeling you should be fine!